Thread: securom/daemon/..?

Poster
    How do I get this program to work properly? I want to download this and install it but so far, everyone has been posting issues that they are encountering regarding getting the software to work correctly. I have never heard of SecuRom, Daemon tools, alcohol 120%, or Y.A.S.U. Sounds very confusing and not straightforward.

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Cabalo; 10-03-2010 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Don't link to .torrents

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    What are you exactly having issues with?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    Well, I haven't downloaded the torrent yet because I don't understand how it works. This is what is written in the description of the file verbatim:
    Disc uses SecuROM!
    Dumped with Alcohol 120% using SecuROM 4/5/7 profile.
    Mount with Daemon Tools & Y.A.S.U.
    I have never heard of any of those four tools the uploader mentioned. So, initially I was thinking that the file isn't worth downloading since it seems so confusing BUT then again it is probably just me. The procedure is probably easy once I know exactly what to do and that is what I'm asking about here. In addition to the file seeming difficult to set-up, in the comments section, two people who tried to get the file to work posted issues that they had with getting the file to work. The uploader hasn't responded to neither of them so I want to make sure I know what to do before I download the file.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    its a virtual cd/dvd drive - load ISO,BIN files in a program ie daemon tools

downloaded torrents - usually requires winrar to uncrunch it to iso,bin
    Last edited by invite420; 10-04-2010 at 11:59 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by invite420 View Post
    its a virtual cd/dvd drive - load ISO,BIN files in a program ie daemon tools
    True, just extract the disc image from the RARs (if applicable) and use Daemon Tools to "mount" it on a virtual drive, which should be easy to manage. You should then see the contents of the image on a new drive in "My Computer" and will be able to run the installer/open the files from there.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Forget about YASU and alcohol.
    If you need to emulate a dvdrom, you will only need to use daemon-tools or powerISO. Then you'll notice you have a new drive on "my computer", which is the virtual one created by this software.
    Double click the .ISO and it will be mounted on the virtual drive and ready to use, just like if you inserted the DVD in the drive.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Forget about YASU and alcohol.
    If you need to emulate a dvdrom, you will only need to use daemon-tools or powerISO. Then you'll notice you have a new drive on "my computer", which is the virtual one created by this software.
    Double click the .ISO and it will be mounted on the virtual drive and ready to use, just like if you inserted the DVD in the drive.
    YASU is/was necessary for certain programs that have built-in emulator detection. You use it in conjunction with Daemon Tools (I think they even host it on their website under the downloads section), just start YASU first, hit Cloak, then mount the image in Daemon Tools and run setup.exe or whatever you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    Nevermind about this software. I was about to open the file after I downloaded it but decided to run a security check on the file and it nearly destabilized my entire computer. *super angry* So, I deleted it and reported the file to Admin. That was my fault though, I guess. As soon as I noticed in the comments section of the file that the uploader didn't respond to anyone's inquiries AND no-one else could get it to work that should have signaled red flags for me. I definitely be more aware from now on hopefully.