Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freakin' Manly Sawdust!!!

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    We've got an endless number of things that need replacing/cleaning around here. Two 7 month olds, no money, and a really bad back have reduced projects to glacial pace. We are out of space (hence the crowded basement shop) and the twins seem determined to grow and expand their territory.

The shelves themselves are 3/4" melamine. The drum sander was a nice (read uncluttered) place to set my finished red oak face pieces. I did use the portable planer to reduce the raw wood to thickness. The shelves only needed to be cut on the table saw.

Are you a wood worker, or just a fan of CSI?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    We've got an endless number of things that need replacing/cleaning around here. Two 7 month olds, no money, and a really bad back have reduced projects to glacial pace. We are out of space (hence the crowded basement shop) and the twins seem determined to grow and expand their territory.

The shelves themselves are 3/4" melamine. The drum sander was a nice (read uncluttered) place to set my finished red oak face pieces. I did use the portable planer to reduce the raw wood to thickness. The shelves only needed to be cut on the table saw.

Are you a wood worker, or just a fan of CSI?
    Electrician.
    But I do little bits of everything.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    That certainly explains why you would notice the (shameful) switches. This house was built in 1976 (not a great time for quality nor design, sadly), and we end up with 5 projects for every one we dare to start. Luckily, I have a friend who is a licensed electrician and skilled plumber (he installs spas for a living). He is a tremendous help with all of that kind of stuff. About a week from now, he's lined up to replace both toilets, move a gas line, and install a new electric water heater.

I am still very much a novice wood worker. I butchered some innocent trees in high school, but never really did much after that. I knew we had a ton of work to do here, so I spent a few years putting money into tools. Unfortunately, about the same time I got the tools together, I seriously injured my back. Timing...

Now it is a necessity to do some of these things. It's learn (screw up)-as-I-go, and keep going. I do enjoy the small victories (the reason why I started this thread), and am pleased when I get a pat on the back from the wife. Sometimes I think it would be easier to blow the whole house apart, and start from scratch. If I do, I'll post pics, OFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12