Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposition 107-- Ending Reverse Discrimination (Affirmative Action)

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Please...what?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Please...what?
    Are you complaining about state sanctioned racism?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by l33tpirata13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Please...what?
    Are you complaining about state sanctioned racism?
    Of course.

I am against racism in all forms.

To be otherwise is to be...racist.

If you take exception, you may begin the festivities by defining good racism, as opposed to the type you like to complain about.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Yeah, all those poor oppressed snowbirds.
    Ha! There are no snowbirds where I live. Eagar is 7000 feet above sea level, so we get snow here. And lots of chilly wind, frost, and icicles. I can't wait for the snow. I'm looking forward to doing some snow skiing and snowboarding in December.

It's amazing how libs think it is somehow evil to treat everyone equally regardless of skin color or ethnicity or gender, etc.

Martin Luther King, jr., wanted everyone to be judged on the content of their character rather than their skin color.

I think he would be sickened to see just how racially-minded the left wingers turned out to be.
    Last edited by 999969999; 10-22-2010 at 09:00 PM.
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Sorry, but I find both 999969999 and J2K2 to be, well, how should i say this? Hypocrites!!!! J2k2, you were all for State Sanctioned Racism when it dealt with MY people. Then it was OK, and the reasons were lucid in your view. But NO, not this form of "racism", since in this particular scenario, it works against white folk. Affirmative action is there for good reason, and WILL continue to be there for a long, long while. If it weren't, people like 999969999 would take it upon themselves to only hire white folk, as he has stated he would do. The simple fact that this is being bought up in AZ again, where the major minority is Latino, speaks volumes. Affirmative action is there to force to the majority, (white), not to be racist, since they had proved otherwise.

999969999, quoting MLK makes you look sorta Glenn-Beckian. King would be sickened to see the context in which you use his teachings. He is the reason why affirmative action even exists.
    Last edited by l33tpirata13; 10-22-2010 at 01:13 PM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    So, discriminating against me, because I just so happen to have an Austrian ethnic background is okay in your opinion?

I had no control over the fact that my ancestors were Austrians, and yet it is somehow fair in your mind to punish me because of that fact?

And you had no control over the fact that your ancestors were of Hispanic origin, but yet you think you should be rewarded for that?

Why shouldn't people be treated equally?

And the full quote from MLK, jr. is as follows: "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

How do race quotas for jobs and basing employment on one's skin color fit into that dream?

How about basing employment opportunity on the content of one's character, rather than on the color of one's skin? Or is that evil in your opinion?

I'll admit that it doesn't matter to me right now anyways, because I have a job with my family's cattle ranch, and so it doesn't apply to me at the moment, but what about the other guys out there with white skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair? It's not fair to them.

And, I'll say it again. I like Glenn Beck. He's great.
    Last edited by 999969999; 10-22-2010 at 09:08 PM.
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Under the premise that all people are equal, an area's population is broken down into its makeup. Let's say that is 70% white, 15% black, 10% Latino, and 5% Native American (Indian).

When one looks at equality, from this view, it would be expected that employment percentages would mirror this population. Affirmative Action ONLY is enforced WHEN these numbers do not coincide with the surrounding population.

The problem is, that for most "fair minded" populations, such as Arizona, these numbers are not compatible. Since they are not compatible, AA must be enforced. If the numbers ARE compatible, the government does nothing to change the balance. Also, businesses must be of certain size before the government (AA) will have any effect.

So, the cries being heard from the "right" are either bullshit (because the ones crying are not being fair, as they say), or they are bullshit (because there is nothing to be enforced, and therefore nothing to cry about).
    Last edited by megabyteme; 10-22-2010 at 09:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    And, I'll say it again. I like Glenn Beck. He's great.
    That explains why you feel the need to quote MLK in such egotistical ways. Martin Luther King Jr. and Glen Beck are not compatible on any level. MLK fought against morons like Beck. Why do you think he would side with you?
    Last edited by l33tpirata13; 10-22-2010 at 11:21 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    [QUOTE=l33tpirata13;3521468]
    That explains why you feel the need to quote MLK in such egotistical ways. Martin Luther King Jr. and Glen Beck are not compatible on any level. MLK fought against morons like Beck. Why do you think he would side with you?
    Funny, MLk's own niece spoke at Beck's rally. Seems she doesn't see them as being opposed....but then again your grandfather was a bracero so you automatically trump MLK's own blood.

Go ahead and run along to your La Raza rally, I hear their founder Jose Angel Gutierrez is going to be talking about killing white people again.
    Last edited by HeavyMetalParkingLot; 10-23-2010 at 12:10 AM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot View Post

Funny, MLk's own niece spoke at Beck's rally. Seems she doesn't see them as being opposed..
    So if Ron Reagan jr speaks at an Obama rally does that mean Obama and the gipper(RIP) are like minded?
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 10-23-2010 at 12:56 AM. Reason: fixed quote error

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast