Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If member of a tracker nominated staff...

Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    as in members voted on idk 1-2 year basis. whoever won the poll would be a mod. would you think the tracker would be a success or would the members kill it?

*let's not get into stuff like "the existing mod is going to cheat the votes". one could always assume someone could be a mod for certain year or whatever. also remember it's voting for moderator not for sysop so sysop can if he desires make it a fair voting.

just wondering about opinions...

Spoiler: Show
    Last edited by chinchi11as; 10-13-2010 at 01:46 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

Trackers, like businesses, aren't a democracy and seeing the level of the average member that is just as well.
    Btw if you go all democratic then it's only fair that everyone should then get to vote on who gets to be members as well.

Also clearly I'm not half devious enough because it never occurred to me that a staffer would stoop to fixing votes.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Well the most sociable mods aren't necessarily the best ones. I'd think it best to leave it up to the owner's discretion, because you'd have to be an extremely tight community to not have the majority of the votes end up random, amirite?
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 10-13-2010 at 02:08 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    @IE: can only assume members get to vote on who becomes mod in whatever time basis...and that's about it. let's not get into "do member get to vote on who becomes the next member?" and whatnot. assume it's not a fully democratic system... if that makes you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    Well the most sociable mods aren't necessarily the best ones. I'd think it best to leave it up to the owner's discretion, because you'd have to be an extremely tight community to not have the majority of the votes end up random, amirite?
    if you like assume it's an extremely tight community
    Last edited by chinchi11as; 10-13-2010 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I think it'd be a disaster, the votes would be hugely split between a bunch of prolific forum posters, and the person who one would be in no way suitable for the job, in many cases.

It'd be interesting if this was done with qualifications or reasons listed. Like coding in X,Y,Z, previously moderated forums, knowledge of encoding (in the case of quality checks on torrents), etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by chinchi11as View Post
    @IE: can only assume members get to vote on who becomes mod in whatever time basis...and that's about it. let's not get into "do member get to vote on who becomes the next member?" and whatnot. assume it's not a fully democratic system... if that makes you feel better.
    It doesn't .Sometimes ice cream does though.
    Quote Originally Posted by chinchi11as View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    if you like assume it's an extremely tight community
    There is no such thing a a tight knit community ,that's one of the big myths of "community" torrent trackers.There are a few ( proportionally very few) people that are invested to varying degrees and consequentially they will themselves into falsely believing that the vast amounts of insipid forum spam by the masses means something akin to loyally or true involvement of in the most delusional of cases, caring.
    Maybe I'm way off base and a bunch of (largely)teens honestly feel that by belonging to a tracker they are "part of a family"(Lord knows someone is always quick to say something like that ) and "have each best interests at heart" but if my experience counts for anything I would say that nothing could be further from the truth.

At least ,caring about the other people beyond what them can do for you ,that's what "tight-knit " means to me .

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    how did i know that Idol would argue about pointless things.

Last edited by chinchi11as; 10-13-2010 at 02:56 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8

They aren't pointless they are only pointless to you which isn't the same thing.

Snigger

Btw I'd just as soon stay out of the bt section entirely if anyone would ever post anything anyplace else.

I'd lobby for a philosophy section but I'm not sure that I believe in it.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 10-13-2010 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    The average EQ of people who are in private trackers/BT forums is non existent + The average age is around 16,so a democratic system is sure to fail.

Last edited by A; 10-13-2010 at 03:22 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    PackMeIn Staff
    Maybe I'll try this for potential staffers. Hmm...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast