Thread: Bittorrent

PAiNKiLLER
    Please note that if your status light is YELLOW,
    you are probably behind a firewall.
    Correcting this will boost your download.
    It was said in TheShadow's Experimental BitTorrent Client's Official Website.

How can I correct this? How can it be fixed?? Whats the solution for this??? Plzzzzzzzz help I'm getiing very low speed...

Image Resized

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    muchspl2
    need to configer your router/firewall
    http://userpages.umbc.edu/~hamilton/btclientconfig.html

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    PAiNKiLLER
    I read that before. But no infos on that yellow light...

Image Resized

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    If you click on the yellow light then a box should appear telling you what all of the colored lights mean (as mentioned yellows to do with firewalls and stuff chocking your connection).

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Grrrr that damn yellow light is driving me insane, I just can't get it to turn green, I don't have xp's firewall enabled and I even turned of my firewall (Just for a few minutes to do the test) and I still can't get it to work right

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    muchspl2
    it takes awhile esp if you had a firewall on then turn it off, give it time it will speed up
    are your ports foward (if you got a router) and no need to turn off you other firewall just configer it

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    the box says the yellow light means my system is behind a firewall or proxy server. It says " please look into routing bittorrent through your firewall in order to recieve the best possible download rate". How do I route bittorrent through my firewall?
    I read muchspl2's link but I just explains the processes of bittorrent. The configuration part isnt very clear.
    How do i find know out if im running a software\hardware firewall? And how do i configure it?
    How do i "Access my Linksys Firewall Router's web admin page"?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Originally posted by muchspl2@7 November 2003 - 23:26
    it takes awhile esp if you had a firewall on then turn it off, give it time it will speed up
    are your ports foward (if you got a router) and no need to turn off you other firewall just configer it
    I restarted the pc with the firewall off, and after 1 hour or so, still have the yellow light, and I don't have a router, why the hell I can't get it to work right, sometimes I get speeds like 20 KB/s but most of the time I'm downloading at 5 or 6 KB/s max, I've never seen the green light

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Goes Rawr!
    godamn wtf i be sharing 100 + kb/sec in upload and i get 10 kb/sec dl speed, tis is bull , and my thing keeps bein YELLOw ARG

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    TRshady
    Dont use the xp firewall, will always give you a yellow light unless configured.
    and I use no firewall or av either, just so much easier ....