Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Man Broadcasts His Suicide Using a File-Sharing Site

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24

2. vBCms Comments   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Poor kid, it's sad that he only had the internet to turn to. All he probably needed was someone to smile at him.

3. vBCms Comments   -   #3
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    It makes me mad to think of all those lurkers who could have rung the police early enough to make a difference, but didn't because they wanted to witness someone taking their own life.

Or did they think he didn't have the bottle to do it.

4. vBCms Comments   -   #4
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Horrible

5. vBCms Comments   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by The Local (source) View Post
    Marcus Jannes, 21, posted on popular internet forum Flashback on Monday morning that he wanted to kill himself and sent pictures of the event every two seconds. Jannes' family members have asked to make his name public to stop the rumours and inaccuracies that they claimed were spread about him.

At 11.51am, Jannes started a new thread on the forum, writing that he had taken painkillers several minutes earlier and would broadcast his suicide live on a webcam. He also provided an FTP link with login information to access the photos of the event.
    I do not like that this is being inaccurately tied to "a file sharing site". It's sad that the guy had no other group of peers, but file-sharing does not deserve to take a black eye on this, either.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 10-15-2010 at 11:47 AM.

6. vBCms Comments   -   #6
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    It makes me mad to think of all those lurkers who could have rung the police early enough to make a difference, but didn't because they wanted to witness someone taking their own life.

Or did they think he didn't have the bottle to do it.
    Makes me mad too but I think unless someone knew exactly who this guy was and where he lived, they probably couldn't get to him quick enough, I am thinking. It is sad, very sad, for someone to have to reach a point where the only way to get any relief for the immense pain they are going through, is suicide.

7. vBCms Comments   -   #7
    Well, someone must have known where he lived, because it states...

"Police performed CPR until the ambulance arrived, but his life could not be saved. We can only regret that people who knew that he planned to kill himself did not act to save his life."

...so, either his immediate neighbours realised something was wrong, or someone on-line knew his whereabouts, otherwise the police would have stated that they arrived to find a dead body. No one in their right mind performs CPR on a cold corpse.

8. vBCms Comments   -   #8
    brilman's Avatar Poster
    wonder how many viewers where there? or there was ever a hint that family members could pick up on. Sad but makes you wonder did he truly want to die?
    Seems he just wanted help and didn't know where or who to turn too

9. vBCms Comments   -   #9
    ninja666's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    @TheFoX - When he posted the IP to his FTP,only then could people call 112 (911), think it took about 15min from the first call for the police to arrive,

@Brilman - He had posted stuff on his Facebook days/weeks behore and hinted that....

10. vBCms Comments   -   #10
    @ninja666...

15 minutes for the Police to arrive? They'd be better off calling a Pizza Palour, or a Kebeb shop. I get my kebabs delivered in half the time. Or maybe the cops stopped off for doughnuts first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast