Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seedhost.EU - BEWARE - SCAM!

Poster BT Rep: +3
    I just got scammed by seedhost.eu. Ordered a server on Monday and so far no one has sent me any details for my logins. Paid through Paypal so hopefully i can get a refund through them. I sent seedplace.eu 2 emails and 4 troubletickets and they refuse to send me any details of my setup. This is very frustrating. Support is bad and they won't listen.

I will start posting my experience not just here but other websites. If you guys plan on getting a seddbox at seedhost.eu do not do it through these guys. THEY WILL SCAM YOU AND ITS NOT WORTH IT.

THanks
    George

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    They aren't a scam they are just idiots. It is the same group who were/are behind seedbox.cc and some of the others. every few months they setup a new site and fleece some dumb sheep

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Agreed they are idiots.

However don't go with Customseedbox, they are the real scam. (Poor service/Poor Performance)

Just poor.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    PooBar's Avatar TorrentSlut BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I have come to the conclusion that there are far too many Seedbox providers on the net atm.
    This becomes a problem for new Seedbox user's as they run a great risk of getting ripped off.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    Yea there are, principally because people don't want to pay 'fair' amounts. So they'll go looking for the next provider that is $2 cheaper expecting it to be good/better.

Unlike these dopes though we don't put a 15 torrent limit so you can run as much as you want, most people reach 100 torrents without any problems.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    seedhost-net
    100 active torrents for shared customer??? it will crash your hdd's IO, even dedicated server with hw raid0 will struggle with 100 active torrents with decent speeds, this shows that you completely have no idea at what you are doing and i wish your customers only the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelen View Post
    Yea there are, principally because people don't want to pay 'fair' amounts. So they'll go looking for the next provider that is $2 cheaper expecting it to be good/better.

Unlike these dopes though we don't put a 15 torrent limit so you can run as much as you want, most people reach 100 torrents without any problems.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    I'm not going to argue, but 100 torrent is easily achievable if you configure the kernel correctly. The default setup of debian is about 1/3rd the speed that can be achieved with proper settings.

Either way, the customers with 100+ torrents are those with what.cd and waffles, so 90+ of those 100+ torrents are inactive.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I'm not going to argue, but 100 torrent is easily achievable if you configure the kernel correctly. The default setup of debian is about 1/3rd the speed that can be achieved with proper settings.
    nonsense....
    Last edited by solaris; 09-14-2010 at 07:38 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    That is just pure bullshit right there, and everybody who has the slighest bit of common sense know it. Please do show me some of your amazing custom kernel configurations, or is it a "business secret" ? What you're claiming is 300% "speed increase" by "configuring the kernel" (!!?????).
    Either way, the customers with 100+ torrents are those with what.cd and waffles, so 90+ of those 100+ torrents are inactive.
    AKA <10 active torrents. Again if you knew anything at all when it comes to torrent clients, you would know that torrents which are not active use virtually no resources at all...

Oh boy.
    Last edited by heiska; 09-15-2010 at 12:34 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Kernel has nothing to do with how fast a hard drive needle can move. That's a hardware limitation.

I think the problem is there are only so many providers globally that offer the ultra cheap unmetered 100mbps servers. Pretty much all seedbox companies resell their services the same way, regardless of what creative marketing gimmicks you can come up with. Some seedbox companies squeeze more people per servers then others, some have better support then others. Selling seedboxes is always a low-margin service business and the only way to increase your margins is by overloading servers or reducing your support quality. Since seedboxes exist within the grey area of legality, you can't become a true established tax paying business-and legitimate hosting companies with the wholesale clout won't touch them; With quality tied directly to profits and the lack of any real consequences it must be very tempting to scam.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast