Thread: Utorrent Auto Pause Torrent After Completion?

central101's Avatar Choice
    Hello,

After a torrent is downloaded I have a program run on it to extract the torrent file. The issue i've been having is that the file takes several minutes to extract because of so many people accessing the file via other bit-torrent clients. This is causing allot of problems for me.

I'm wondering if there's a way to have a torrent auto pause for 1 minute after it has finished downloading. After that one minute it will start to seed. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    You can make uTorrent automatically stop the torrent forever after it's done, but as far as I know there's no way to pause it for a specific amount of time.

You could fine-tune your uT disk cache settings so that extraction isn't that slow when you upload, though...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I've made some changes to the cache settings. Well see how the performance is now. Thanks!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Mokhtar's Avatar Lord of Pharaoh
    i make stop after each torrent. i used seedbox to buffer, and now only download. very good deal, trackers dont pay attention. i Hit n run on tl for more than 1 year on every torrent, and no problems. same with revtt and scc.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    snagit's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokhtar View Post
    i make stop after each torrent. i used seedbox to buffer, and now only download. very good deal, trackers dont pay attention. i Hit n run on tl for more than 1 year on every torrent, and no problems. same with revtt and scc.
    Nice, no wonder they ban Egypt in nearly all trackers.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I've done what anon-sbi has said and everything works perfectly now. Before files were being cached into the memory which was making it extract slowly. Now it goes its done in a few seconds regardless of the upload speed or amount of connections to the torrents... Thanks

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by snagit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mokhtar View Post
    i make stop after each torrent. I used seedbox to buffer, and now only download. Very good deal, trackers dont pay attention. I hit n run on tl for more than 1 year on every torrent, and no problems. Same with revtt and scc.
    nice, no wonder they ban egypt in nearly all trackers.
    qft!
    Can you feel the LOVE

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokhtar View Post
    i make stop after each torrent. ... i Hit n run on tl for more than 1 year on every torrent, and no problems. same with revtt and scc.
    That's pretty selfish of you.

Quote Originally Posted by central101 View Post
    I've done what anon-sbi has said and everything works perfectly now. Before files were being cached into the memory which was making it extract slowly. Now it goes its done in a few seconds regardless of the upload speed or amount of connections to the torrents... Thanks
    You're welcome! Glad you managed to sort it out.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."