Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Hombre done with this site?

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Last Activity 09-22-10 10:58 PM
    Or is it still too early to break out the champagne?
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    It's never a bad time for champers.

I don't even know who Hombre is/was but I'll celebrate anyway.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Lounge   -   #3
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    The one who had the annoying Mortal Kombat blinking avatar and signature, might help you figure out.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Last Activity 09-22-10 10:58 PM
    Or is it still too early to break out the champagne?
    You miss him already
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ

5. Lounge   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I say we break out the champagne, but save the bottles. If he slithers back in returns, we beat him with the bottles.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I say we break out the champagne, but save the bottles. If he slithers back in returns, we beat him with the bottles.
    Btw I really wanted to put "Is Hombre dead?" but I'd feel terrible if something had actually happened to him and I was being all obliviously light .

PS if you are sick hombre , or you've suffered some personal tragedy or something all the best wishes.
    Stay away ,but all the best wishes.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    With the recent live (no pun intended) online suicide, this does bring up a valid issue- how much should we concern ourselves with how our online comments effect others in the non-online realm?

Personally, there are a certain number of people online who I miss if they are absent for a period of time. Art comes to mind here- he has not posted in months now, and he has apparently suffered a real-life tragedy. I do sincerely worry, and wish him better times. Others here (and on a few other sites), are important to me as a daily part of my day. It's nice o know that those people are here, and I check in to see how they are doing, and value their opinions on movies, as well as enjoying their humor.

As for the "others"... I do not believe the same care, and courtesy, needs to be extended to individuals who frequent a site with the intent of being an ass, a negative, or a general "spastic" as some would appropriately say. In short, our actions and words make up who we are while online. If someone needs real-world help, it is not our responsibility to give them therapy online. There are sites for that- this is not one. If someone hurts themselves because they are texted harshly, it will only be a matter of time before someone hurts their feelings IRL.

That said, stay fucked off, Hornberry.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Sorry but it would take an awful lot more than someone merely being an asshole online for me to wish bad of them.

Course I'm Canadian and post- pubescent.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I don't the guy at all except for the Las Vegas Strip effect his left on the board when posting. What's wrong with him?

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Sorry but it would take an awful lot more than someone merely being an asshole online for me to wish bad of them.

Course I'm Canadian and post- pubescent.
    I'm not necessarily wishing them harm, but they don't fall in my "care" category. I don't feel responsibility towards someone who is an ass AND is already unstable. They need to seek help, not abuse online.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast