Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opera 7.22 Is Out

" Opera is known as the fastest and smallest full-featured browser, a first choice for people using older PCs and Windows 95 and a brilliant alternative to the default IE from Microsoft.

This new version has a chance to actually beat IE hands-down because it has a truckload of new and exciting features. It complies to all the current web-page standards, it has a completely new interface (you can choose from single window and multi-window view), built-in search, a download manager, an ICQ client (!!!!&#33, an advanced mail/news reader, print preview, a huge bookmark collection and much more in a 2Mb free package!

Well, the free package also includes banner ads, but Opera is believed to be completely free of spyware, unlike some of its competitors. It’s lightning fast as well as stable and it looks gorgeous. It’s simply perfect! For a complete list of features check out the official website, there’s vastly more to discover."

Opera for Windows with Java 7.22

Opera for Windows without Java 7.22

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zacspeed's Avatar Pheasant plucker
    I Opera!
    I could NEVER go back to IE now!
    Just the fact you can skin it is such a bonus, considering you spend sooooo much time looking @ it! & the mouse gestures are a nice touch too.
    Z

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I prefer Mozilla Firebird to Opera by far. I advise everyone to try it out, it's great.

ps. Sorry sharedholder for interrupting your Opera thread. I often appreciate your tech article 'heads up'; on this occasion though i wanted to spread the word about Mozilla.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    Hi shareholder :-)

Thank's for the info on this, but do you know if this is a beta build as it's not on the official Opera website yet.

Also, any idea if they've sorted the Java problem out that's returned since version 7.20? (every other version there's a problem with the Java installer for some, me included, people using XP where it install's so far then stop's and won't finish)

Sniper.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Strange shit ,is not on Opera site yet.Wtf

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@5 November 2003 - 16:52
    I prefer Mozilla Firebird to Opera by far. I advise everyone to try it out, it's great.

ps. Sorry sharedholder for interrupting your Opera thread. I often appreciate your tech article 'heads up'; on this occasion though i wanted to spread the word about Mozilla.
    u r a minority

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    MyIE2 kicks all there asses B) .

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Thanks again always SH.

I think its not on the web site becuase it is a beta.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    MyIE2 is built off of IE's engine if I'm not mistaken. I like Opera the best, and only stray from it if a page doesn't like loading on it. In that case I have IE, but I also have Avant, which is similar to MyIE2. Props to opera!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Thanks for the heads up sharedholder.

Firebird is fast, but not very stable. Opera is rock solid. Plus the tabbed browsing is sketchy at best with Firebird. Nothing comes close to Opera's tabbed browsing. It's just so much more productive than any other browser out there.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast