Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: False Front Tracker Logins

gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    ps: I've always secretly hoped that pro267 resembles his avatar IRL. That is one crazed bad-ass and pro267 is the only convincing forum-rager I know that can base arguments on pure spite
    Thanks, mate, I consider that a compliment

In other news, that's weird Al in my avatoir. I find it strange most don't recognize him.
    I recognized him right away, then again I've also seen UHF at least 3 or 4 times. I'm a bit of a closeted Weird Al fan LOL.
    Last edited by gamesover; 10-22-2010 at 08:29 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Slickerey's Avatar <3 FST BT Rep: +2
    The only tracker with a login system that I like would happen to be CN.

Every user has their own unique login URL, which is something that you don't see on every other tracker.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    A very humorous thread.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Pro267, is it because of server stress relief then? A viable news outlet (reference)? I honestly can't think of any decision-making reason that could lead a staff-team to have a fake page instead of the lack of one. A lot of successful trackers skip this, and a lot of new trackers tout having one as a bonus for user security. If there's something incredibly obvious and necessary for having such a page, by all means shoot me a pm calling me an idiot and telling me why and what it is. But until then, I apologize, but I'm hardly convinced that these things exist for any logical reason.
    Ellipses go here.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    for a start

*#$% --> FTN

EDIT : I will remove that.
    Last edited by zonked; 10-23-2010 at 04:56 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by zonked View Post
    for a start

feedthe.net --> FTN
    I really don't know what you want to achieve by posting that.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    my point is they can as well keep only the IP and not have any name in first place.

ps. many top torrent sites do that.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    So far, I can ONLY see it helps, if one Google's a search, for the Tracker, and that person, NOT a member, Does NOT know the "Right" keyword or password to to feed it in the Fake Page, to cause a Redirection to the Actual Login page of the Tracker

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Enlightened View Post
    So for the sake of argument,why only a handful of Trackers are employing it, if it really "Helps" in any way........I wonder?
    that may help those trackers to get to some higher 'level' (specially for the new ones), making hype, etc etc.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    DeadPoet's Avatar Poster
    You do realize that getting higher level is the last thing tracker staff would like to get?
    It's useless for them and only brings unnecessary attention from traders/collectors...
    Last edited by DeadPoet; 10-23-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast