Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SeedNation [SCAM ALERT]

P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    Now, the channel topic is pointing to this pastebin..

http://pastebin.com/Nzb4EU1t

12:39 p the people who went through my.host-planet.info
    12:40 p will get
    12:40 p a seedboxs
    12:40 p but not from seednation
    12:40 p seednation idk im not apart of
    12:40 p or am i sponsoring them anymore
    12:40 p what they did
    12:40 p they where using stolen credit cards
    12:40 p to purchase servers
    12:41 p to provide seedboxs
    12:41 p me and foxhound
    12:41 p did not know abotu this
    12:41 p me, and foxhound are planning
    12:41 p to set something up
    12:41 p to get this going..
    12:41 p back
    12:41 p but the first users
    12:41 p will be
    12:41 p VIPS
    12:41 p which have went through my.host-planet.info
    12:41 p thats all i can provide to atm
    I find it kind of amusing that so many people were apparently taken in by this. Did anyone really believe that someone would provide 600+ legitimate seedbox slots to anyone who asked for one on the hope that people would donate enough to pay for them? P. T. Barnum was right.
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster
    P2PDog well unfortunately people believed because it seemed so real. Dhruv had a lot of help, though not surprising given he was handing out $600 servers to people that helped him.

Ultimately, since I knew of this from the beginning, from before leechbox even, I had been speaking out the whole time but no one listened because they thought I was just a troll. Just goes to show, it isn't Occams Razor, it is "whoever shouts the loudest and in the greatest numbers is most often believed".

Someone apparently got him to confess: http://85.17.120.205/admit.txt

Either way, I still wouldn't buy anything from pnut, especially not sold under the seednation domain, but mostly because someone that stupid really shouldn't be trusted.

Edit: fro someone:
    It has come to our attention that the free-seedbox offer by SeedNation IS a scam.

If you signed up for their service AND used it on BTN, or provided any details of your BTN account, please cease using it and contact a staff member via the StaffPM box immediatly.

For others that signed up, but didnt use it on BTN, DO NOT.

If youve signed up and provided details account(s) (tracker, paypal etc) please ensure you are using different STRONG passwords for your accounts. This includes any accounts you may have used/accessed through their service. Information on strong passwords can be found in our knowlegdebase here.

Furthermore those that did sign up, may want to contact staff members of those sites where you used the SeedNation service; it is possible that your passkey(s) may be compromised.

\\BTN Staff
    Last edited by Thelen; 10-27-2010 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/archiv.../t-979153.html

that is him as well!

the connection is:
    Dhruv Singh
    EnfireMedia
    [email protected]
    12 mountain gorge road
    brampton
    l6r2x7

googling enfire, and whois:
    Domain Name: enfiremedia.com
    Registered at http://www.dynadot.com

Administrative Contact:
    ThePlayersNetwork
    Shivom Gautam
    24 Mountain Gorge Road
    Brampton, Ontario L6R2X7
    Canada
    [email protected]
    +661 4545639

on the same street...
    now, check link first for igxhost and all the fraud.

likely that is still an alias, but strangely googling shivom gautum yields results. though, it really is easy to setup fake profiles..

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Aebiux View Post
    Thelen, really, I'd love to see this proof you speak of linking S|N to Dhruv. Honestly, it's all negative speculation until you do. Or rumors, or gossip, or being that valley girl from high school who doesn't like the hot new cheerleader. And let me tell you, SLD is one hot summabitc...

Cabo, don't want to say I doubt you, but I don't see proof from ANYONE on this or any other forum. And honestly from what I see from being active on their IRC and visiting their forums, I have formed a different opinion about whats going on.

Until I'm proven proven otherwise, my hat will remain uneaten.

Anyways, wanted to share my opinions since everyone is turning speculation and rumor into a business. Here's what I posted at FSF:

Honestly guys, you trolls are trying to take down something new and innovative when you don’t even realize it’s potential. For those of you who are actually looking for a constructive opinion, allow me to elaborate:

1) Passkey stealing / ratio raep - Really? Anyone with proper P2P experience and a decent tracker knows the passkey can be changed in no time at all. And with S|N actually providing the goods, with real servers, real speeds, everything, that is a HELLUVA lot of work to go through just to leach someone’s account for a few hours.

2) ZOMG gotta be careful, sounds too good to be true
    - A lot of things are, but from what I have gleamed, their strategy is wicked sick. Some things that are “too good to be true” turn out to be wise investments. I’m gambling WITH S|N. I’ll be at the ground level of a P2P community while the trolls will be licking their wounds and whining like the infantile nublets they are.

3) Putting other seedbox companies out of business - S|N has already proven they can provide the goods, and might actually be able to provide them long term. Not everyone is going to get a free seedbox. Some people will have to get their seedbox with other means and pay out the ass for it. Just because S|N is coming in guns blazing as THE competitor right now means that naturally they are going to get the heat. Especially when most P2P sponsers are subscription-based seedbox companies. Sites don’t want to loose their sponsership revenue, and the subscription based seedbox companies don’t want to loose their subscription revenue. Haters gonna hate…

4) Offering invites to members of popular trackers - so what of it? The trackers one is a part of say something about who they are, their experience in P2P, and where they’ve come from. S|N can follow their own rules and have the right to be selective when choosing who they want to be part of their community. As S|N’s name and popularity grows, you don’t want a bunch of noobs f*king it up for everyone else. Regardless what some may think, this isn’t simply a candy store, though they do have some amazingly indulgent tastes.

5) Staff - These guys have been working their asses off. They haven’t been taking this lightly. They are looking long term, investing a sh*tload of effort and time NOT ONLY in the seedboxes, but into the community. These aren’t just a bunch of kids with an elaborate passkey and ratio raep scheme, these guys are building the community from the ground up.

6) Bigger picture - if you can’t see the potential, stop whining about it. The seedboxes are only part of S|N’s potential. Their name will stand on it’s own, regardless of the whining.

People come and go. Good ideas come and go. Sites, trackers, servers, and communities come and go. Innovative and unique ideas like this which has the resources and people to back them up do not come often. Don’t want to take the time to get to know these people and look into what they are actually offering? That’s your choice, but trollin about it only hurts the greater P2P community.
    Do you need some ketchup for that hat ? French fries would be nice too.
    Weird you just registered to come post on this specific thread... sure, we all are stupid.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Poster
    Well I have just gotten off the phone with a John Schultz at phonebusters.com and sent him a email with some information on this all.

I've again talked with Dhruv, he really sounds like a 15 yr old. Unless he is the smartest 30yr old ever (perfect 15 yr old personality), I'm beginning to think this kid just thinks he is untouchable.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    SeedNation is closed. SLDKluster / Dhruv are the same person. He also was behind the scam of Leechbox. Seednation is now closed. If you where a member of SeedNation or had a seedbox, please join the IRC server to get your seedbox. The host / sponsor of seednation is now the owner of the domain, and has opened a case agaianst him. The old staff members foxhound, p, and d4rk have started #seedmasters, which will provide seedboxs on gigabit boxs legit. But not for free. It will be for people who purchase VIP.

or IRC: irc.digitalrebels.org #seedmasters

Come Hangout, and get your seedbox today! or come join and find out how you can get yours free!

Know linux? Know seedboxs? Become staff & get paid! Join IRC!

Thank you,
    P, Foxhound, d4rk.

Site is gone

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Lol, thelens a troll. Fake convos, hacking domains, other bullshit. Thelen just shut up and go hide in a hole. You paid half the guys to talk crap. Get a life.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Poster
    Mhmmm, because I just go randomly around hacking domains (which is impossible really), creating fake convos which other people post including a old and respected member of FST, and trolling a site which goes down for being a scam not because I trolled it.

Yea... right. You should get a life and stop wasting peoples time.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelen View Post
    Mhmmm, because I just go randomly around hacking domains (which is impossible really), creating fake convos which other people post including a old and respected member of FST, and trolling a site which goes down for being a scam not because I trolled it.

With all due respect i think you need to get a life! All you do 24/7 is go around investigating sites and that tells me you have no social life or a family...its pretty sad really...your reliance on the net to be someone.
    Last edited by Sethane; 11-07-2010 at 09:55 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelen View Post

With all due respect i think you need to get a life! All you do 24/7 is go around investigating sites and that tells me you have no social life or a family...its pretty sad really...your reliance on the net to be someone.
    Would you prefer that idiots like dhruv be permitted to continue to scam people unchecked?

I think you also vastly over-estimate how much time it takes to spot someone like him. When they're as dumb as he is, they're not hard to spot. While I'm at it, I'd also have to question how sad your own life is that you seemingly have no interest in this subject, yet you spent the time to not just read all of it, but to leave a dumb comment on it, too.
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast