Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 182526272829303138 ... LastLast

Thread: FSC talent hunt

Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    Just an update on what's happening here. The thread is still open so people should keep applying. I've got a couple of people I'm looking into and may or may not invite we'll see. One thing is for sure I'm in no hurry it will be the end of the week at the earliest before I do anything.
    Good. So the one that haven't applied and if you are interested in this ,please hurry up .

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #272
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Just an update on what's happening here. The thread is still open so people should keep applying. I've got a couple of people I'm looking into and may or may not invite we'll see. One thing is for sure I'm in no hurry it will be the end of the week at the earliest before I do anything.
    Good to see you're still monitoring this thread, so further to my PM to you asking if things were still 'open' I'd like to put forward an application for a friend. Not a 'net' friend but a 'real-life' friend. He's been in and around the BT world for years... long before I started which was early 2006. He owns the tracker I staff on and has spent the last 2 years quietly building it up to be the success it currently is. He has run various websites and previously was heavily involved in encoding primarily KvCD's in the beginning (where his name was very well known for his quality encodes in 2005 onwards) and latterly XviD's, eventually giving up encoding entirely to concentrate solely on running his tracker.

His knowledge on running trackers (including coding them) and other websites before that is excellent, installation and set up of seed boxes, general site/server maintenance are all things he deals with regularly and he has personally helped me out more times than I care to remember, never once complaining and making sure things work out well not only for staff on his site, but members there are also open to asking him for help too (which rarely happens these days with site owners).

I cannot personally guarantee that he will be the most active member on the site, as he does have a fair few commitments of his own, but at the end of the day it's an invite that could possibly gain you an excellent, knowledgeable member to the forums/tracker, or alternatively at the very least I can personally guarantee that he's not a trader/collector (as he's joined other trackers which weren't for him and his accounts have lapsed) and if things didn't work out for you both then there's no risk of his account going to anyone else and eventually room would be made again for someone who may use the tracker more than him.

I apologise for being quite generic with the description I've given, but if the possibility of an invite is there then please, by all means PM me for more detailed info... anything you would require will be easy enough to get from him... profile links etc etc

My own FSC account details were contained in my PM to you yesterday, but if you need them again, please don't hesitate to contact me...

Burnsy
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #273
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Why didn't you make the above application in FSC?

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #274
    Cabalo, the thing is that so many people still tell me: oh FST is trade forum, is bad. This is stereotype which made me not so active here cause i'm honest member of trackers. The same with my friends. But I see that here are plenty nice guys

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #275
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeats View Post
    What does it matter where I make it? I'm on these Forums and read these Forums more often than FSC's... seems perfectly logical to me to make it here if I've more chance of seeing a reply
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #276
    aly13's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by paulcostra View Post
    Cabalo, the thing is that so many people still tell me: oh FST is trade forum, is bad. This is stereotype which made me not so active here cause i'm honest member of trackers. The same with my friends. But I see that here are plenty nice guys
    Its true i lost somme of my invites just because im a member of this community...sad....

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #277
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeats View Post
    Because the application thread is here maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by aly13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paulcostra View Post
    Its true i lost somme of my invites just because im a member of this community...sad....
    I never had any problem anywhere and I'm a moderator here, as long as you are legit I don't see why you would really.
    Last edited by KFlint; 11-03-2010 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #278
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsy View Post
    Good to see you're still monitoring this thread, so further to my PM to you asking if things were still 'open' I'd like to put forward an application for a friend. Not a 'net' friend but a 'real-life' friend. He's been in and around the BT world for years... long before I started which was early 2006. He owns the tracker I staff on and has spent the last 2 years quietly building it up to be the success it currently is. He has run various websites and previously was heavily involved in encoding primarily KvCD's in the beginning (where his name was very well known for his quality encodes in 2005 onwards) and latterly XviD's, eventually giving up encoding entirely to concentrate solely on running his tracker.

His knowledge on running trackers (including coding them) and other websites before that is excellent, installation and set up of seed boxes, general site/server maintenance are all things he deals with regularly and he has personally helped me out more times than I care to remember, never once complaining and making sure things work out well not only for staff on his site, but members there are also open to asking him for help too (which rarely happens these days with site owners).

I cannot personally guarantee that he will be the most active member on the site, as he does have a fair few commitments of his own, but at the end of the day it's an invite that could possibly gain you an excellent, knowledgeable member to the forums/tracker, or alternatively at the very least I can personally guarantee that he's not a trader/collector (as he's joined other trackers which weren't for him and his accounts have lapsed) and if things didn't work out for you both then there's no risk of his account going to anyone else and eventually room would be made again for someone who may use the tracker more than him.

I apologise for being quite generic with the description I've given, but if the possibility of an invite is there then please, by all means PM me for more detailed info... anything you would require will be easy enough to get from him... profile links etc etc

My own FSC account details were contained in my PM to you yesterday, but if you need them again, please don't hesitate to contact me...

Burnsy
    Your friend sounds like a right proper cawk .Hopefully for his sake he is a member of a bunch of leet trackers and has a Gig seedbox so that he has built up massive buffers using files that he never actually uses and keeps on his box for 3 days max or else I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Also you post a lot in FST which is clearly a trade forum so that doesn't speak well of your credibility .

Maybe if you post this on HDbits under an alias so that no one can tie that name back to your account here he will stand a chance.

Also you speeled apologize wrong and admit to being generic. I suppose that it isn't your fault for being illiterate for you are a foreigner and English words are a hardy thing to wrap your mined around but I doubt anyone here can forgive you for Genericism, since as you all know Generics killed Jesus.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #279
    aly13's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post

I never had any problem anywhere and I'm a moderator here, as long as you are legit I don't see why you would really.
    I am legit but somme saffers sugest its a good idea to donīt use my account here an maybe i get my invites back but i really donīt need those invites.
    Last edited by aly13; 11-03-2010 at 01:54 PM.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #280
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I would like to vouch for Burnsy's friend, if I'm allowed to.
    He runs a small sized tracker that has been around for a while, that really hasn't any of those "I'm leet, I ban you" pretensions, and has been doing so quite well.
    They all seem good people over there, judging by burnsy's character and his friend.

Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 182526272829303138 ... LastLast