Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: FSC talent hunt

gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post

This thread is an attempt (that's looking more and more like a fail) to try something different and get a different kind of invitee. W/E from fsc's perspective we don't need to recruit from outside atm. The site has a fairly stable ratio of new members joining to old members dropping off the radar to keep going indefinitely really. But being fsc we thought we'd give it a go, you don't see other tracker staff trying out this shit ... copping abuse and still offering invites. Thanks to everyone who's been a cunt for reaffirming my decision to stay the fuck away from the wider BT community.
    Don't judge everyone here because a few people are saying things you don't like. That's just the way any thread is like here, people are given lots of freedom to say and do whatever they want. Some will always abuse that privilege. I've read through this entire thread though and don't see anything happening that's too out of line, just people speaking their opinions whether we agree with them or not. I think it would be a good thing if people give themselves away as douchebags through their posts here, as least it makes your job a lot easier as you know right away who to avoid inviting. They are doing your work for you, no need to even consider them.

If your really serious about recruiting outside your usual circles, and I wouldn't consider FST part of that usual circle, you will have to be patient and dig through all the crap. You've been around FST longer than most of us and your fairly active here, so you should know all about the good and bad you can get here. It shouldn't be a shock at all, in fact some of us are pretty used to it by now and try instead to focus on the positives here. With my own giveaways I'm experienced enough to know exactly what to look for when I'm looking for candidates, the obvious idiots don't even merit me taking the time to dig through their post histories.
    Last edited by gamesover; 10-26-2010 at 01:15 AM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #62
    edited
    Last edited by SB-087; 11-08-2010 at 10:45 PM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #63
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by SB-087 View Post
    being unique is why they are having this contest, the differences I have are my biggest attribute, they do not want everyone in their tracker to be homogeneous
    Funnily enough, I heard the dean of social sciences at Harvard use the exact same logic. Guess you're not that much different, then. You just paraphrase what other people have already said.

Thread opinion.
    Woah woah, mate. Now I'm not about to go breathe down your neck about expectations vs. gains, but you should have seen this sort of thing coming from miles away. Even for non-bt related invites people use the same shite excuses; except, I think it's becoming more and more apparent that nobody is content with any reasons any longer. I run a few non-bt related forums with/for friends when they need help, and you'd be taken back by some of the excuses we get for someone asking to be let in to the VIP sections without paying (it's less high schoolish than it sounds). I've seen dozens upon dozens of people request in with reasoning like "I want to be surrounded by like minded individuals" and "I've been a member for long enough to be auto-promoted". The fact is, people want what they don't have, and minds are so twisted that they truly believe their own reasoning for that impending necessity to gain the object. That in its own is capable of fueling their desire for whatever it is, long after they have obtained it. It's like a rich guy buying a Murcielago as his 6th show car (actually, that simile is a home run, I'm remembering that one for later).

Honestly, if you were looking for different, you found it. You found the jester who's unable to string two sentences without making a fool of himself, you found the guy who's willing to bribe you without trying to test the waters with you first, and you got the guy willing to put in financial resources just to get what he wants (contrary to popular belief, I'm pretty sure nobody has a gbit box laying around unused). However, if you were looking for something closer to home, someone you can imagine fitting in well (as is the case with most interviewers in most fortune 500 companies), then that will be harder to find. The hype, the WTAW thread, the rumors and the secrecy all serve a distorted vision of what the place is like. You don't end up getting the people who can fit in with the place applying, rather the people that can fit in with that distorted image of the place. Nothing could harm the cause more than you defending the place by referring people to read the tracker's forum itself. You're only aiding a very tiny fraction of the people who read the post. Those on the website, who are willing to change their opinions and can do so easily.
    Ellipses go here.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #64
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    So many people telling sear what he already knows.
    FST's bittorent sections reflect the current state of affairs of the bt community. It is as useful to look here as anywhere else, where you even have an higher chance of being fooled by the apparent "nice" and "good" members. Here things are way raw.
    Hence mine and Idol's suggestion to try and look for people on those places where no one cares for the site's reputation, as long as they get their goods.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #65
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post
    Would it be wrong for me to assume that the FSC members that posted in this thread are the most active ones on the site and are the ones that make FSC?
    i really doubt. they're probably more active here then FSC. i can't even recall seeing some of these people over there (or see them once a blue moon).

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #66
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Oh and @co_ak dude you know your full of shit right lol I think it says a lot about fsc and our staff that I/we know full well who you are and have taken no action accept me calling you a cunt (from my personal perspective of course). However if you don't like fsc and think the staff their are questionable feel free to ask for your account to be disabled. Honestly that would be the honourable thing to do.
    this is surely not way by which u goin to help urself everyone including cinephilia is trying to be honest and realistic and wish u can accomplish the objective seems like u have landed on a wrong planet

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #67
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    was that a typo or was that intended for him
    Last edited by chinchi11as; 10-26-2010 at 02:02 AM.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #68
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Hence mine and Idol's suggestion to try and look for people on those places where no one cares for the site's reputation, as long as they get their goods.
    Those people are generally the real deal, but at the same time you'd have to be even more careful. Some of them are very ... erm ... dangerous people. There is a reason they enjoy being themselves out in public/high profile piracy spots. A lot of them run money making schemes on the side and are looking for bait, or are scene leaks directly (I meet a surprising amount of these; the kind that would deliberately delay their own upload/sharing so nobody catches on to them, or can find them based on a race rank scheme) and enjoy the cover of daylight for their actions. A lot of them are people who are inexperienced etc. and can truly dedicate their time and effort to something they find enjoyable/worthwhile, but some of the more public gargantuan pirates (take some asshats on WarezBB for example) are truly a security issue for anyone associated with them. Tip-toeing on scene paranoia here, but it applies.
    Ellipses go here.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #69
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    for a second, i thought we were talking about a torrentsite
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #70
    I have a feeling sear wants something along the lines of...I will not participate in the forums as much as one would like but, I can guarantee I will download a gang load and seed the shit out of all of the torrents I DL. Am I an uploader? Hell No! But tell you what...my PC NEVER sleeps and seeds around the clock! That right there is HONESTY.

Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast