Thread: cheapest block account

I haven't bought a block account in a long time. Is there anything cheaper than BlockNews? I used them like 2 years ago.

I'd prefer an East Coast server with high retention/completion in a.b.hdtv.x264.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Poster
    Cant go wrong or cheaper with blocknews mate.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    newsgroupie
    The block sizes offered and prices charged by Usenet-News.net and Blocknews.net are almost identical - as is the retention/completion. Usenet-News gives an extra 10% over the block size (so a 100GB block actually gives you 110GB of download) while Blocknews apparently does not - at least according to my user account panel.

So that would make Usenet-News slightly cheaper than Blocknews across the board.

However, Blocknews is currently offering a special 100gigs for $11 at //blocknews.net/landing.html that no one else can touch.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    However, Blocknews is currently offering a special 100gigs for $11 at //blocknews.net/landing.html that no one else can touch.
    very nice - can existing users signup for this deal too?

though looking at the site the cost per GB it seems to be the same as the 200GB deal

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    newsgroupie
    In order to get Blocknews' 100gig special, it seems that you would need to create a new account rather than adding it to your existing account, since Blocknews' user account page lists only the 'regular' prices of blocks you can add to your existing account.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    I opened a ticket and they added it to my account if anyone else wants to try