Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1GBit seedbox for 9 euros? Possible?

I pay 26$ a mo for my gig 80GB with rapidpeer. its really fast and i like it, but i think that is their lowest package.

one time i signed up with seedunlimited for gig and it took forever to get the server, when i finally did it was very very slow so they refunded me. but i think that one was cheaper than my current RP one, Im always looking for the max speed and use several providers currently. gigabit NEVER IS TRUE 1000MBIT know that.. you MAY see the 90-100MB/sec but ive never seen it sustain anything near that, on ANY seedbox provider ive used / have.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster
    Well the issue is 2-fold.

1. OVH netdirekt leaseweb (volume network) and rapidspeeds (reseller of volume network) are not connected to a dedicated Gbit port, they have a shared bandwidth pool which results in 200-400Mbps average per server. So already indeed it is starting out low.
    2. Even sharing with 3 users, clearly you will rarely if ever see 90/100MB/s unless the other people are doing nothing.

So then, the main reason Gbit plans exist is because on occasion they are faster than 100Mbit, through simple maths. If 10 people share 100MBit, and 15 people share 200-400Mbit, the average is much higher.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12