Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1GBit seedbox for 9 euros? Possible?

Prio's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    http://store.seedbox.cc/en/seedbox/c...6aca9dbb298397

For only 9 euros.. 1 GBit speeds, 100 GB HDD. Is it possible or this is some kind of way "stealing" money?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    seedhost-net
    It is possible that the Switch port will be 1gbit, however by putting 9euro slots they need to put ~15 people to make a little profit and then your speeds will be more like 20-30mbit, however still not a bad deal for 9euro.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    by putting many peaoples, they can...
    seedbox.cc is the some seedbox.fr ?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    seedhost-net
    Putting 12 people per disk is suicide mission, good luck with that

Quote Originally Posted by Thelen View Post
    you can research seedbox.cc being dodgy, either this forum or google.

but, it is possible, however yea there would be more like 40 people. having said that, we will soon perhaps release our own, with 12 people per disk (roughly 80GB space probably), for the same price, but it will no doubt perform much better than this, since the server used is really kick ass.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    This is shared server. If you have your own server, you'll be able to download 10-100 times more within the same time frame.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    seedbox.cc is seedbox.fr yea.

seedhost-net, yea I know 12 per disk, but for 9 euro it will be better than this or others, it all comes down to managing it properly. For one thing, 4 disks is a lot faster than 2, you can easily support more than double the users (I won't say why or how, business secret ). But yes, it will be made clear people can't and won't get 50MB/s for themselves. But, they will get probably 10MB/s down and 5 up, which is comparable to a 100mbit shared with only a couple people, but far cheaper (less disk space obviously). Anyway we'll see how it goes

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    executioner's Avatar Tis Me BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelen View Post
    seedbox.cc is seedbox.fr yea.

seedhost-net, yea I know 12 per disk, but for 9 euro it will be better than this or others, it all comes down to managing it properly. For one thing, 4 disks is a lot faster than 2, you can easily support more than double the users (I won't say why or how, business secret ). But yes, it will be made clear people can't and won't get 50MB/s for themselves. But, they will get probably 10MB/s down and 5 up, which is comparable to a 100mbit shared with only a couple people, but far cheaper (less disk space obviously). Anyway we'll see how it goes
    Hey, if you ever get this up and running and need some testers let me know I will be up for a spot.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    edited....
    Last edited by Techno_FAN; 10-28-2010 at 11:05 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Timmydoo's Avatar Member
    Well from my experience with seedboxes, If they dont mention the number of users per server, then its not worth it. If the server configuration doesnt have enough memory and cpu power, then i assume a 100% load on it. Then again if you only need a seedbox to share a few torrents for months...then it may be a good deal. Dont get your hopes up to buffer your ratio in the short term with such a configuration.

The 1GB network: its not the speed of the box, but of the network that could host 10-100 boxes..

Also a 1GB network, doesnt mean each user can get equal share. From personal experience i had a dedicated 1GB box, and yet i was getting all alone, 40MB down and only 10-15MB up.
    Last edited by Timmydoo; 11-01-2010 at 11:05 AM. Reason: add info of speed

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster
    Yes, very good points, and we will certainly make sure to mention exactly what specs, what number of users, and the expected speed.

One thing to be aware of though, is there ARE differences in providers. Yes, OVH "Gbit" is really just 200Mbit up, and same with rapidspeeds and others like netdirekt who are extremely contended. Some providers are better though, IE leaseweb, swiftway, softlayer, singlehop, etc, and you really do have a direct Gbit connection from your server to the border routers. Anyway, regardless of such a host and plans and specs, I think it is more important for a user to ask himself "how do I get ratio?" rather than "what is the cheapest" or whatever. At the end of the day a 9 euro seedbox might give him as much ratio as a 90 euro box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast