Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotta love Astraweb - Retention

iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1

So far so good, that 706d retention was no bullshit
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    BANNED
    707d

eta; 710d
    Last edited by c0ld; 07-24-2010 at 04:21 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Yes, it's awesome !

From what I can see, every other NSP has given up (except for Giganews of course) and won't go over 600d.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    newsgroupie
    Well, Blocknews/Usenetnow is also around the 700 day mark and growing. Maybe it's time for all those Highwinds resellers stuck at 600 days to consider jumping ship.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by chakara View Post
    (except for Giganews of course)
    There's no 'of course' about it. Giganews have been caught falling short of their claims in the past. They went through a period of putting 'increasing to xxx days retention' when in fact they were far short.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    newsgroupie
    Giganews website screamed in big red print "240 days retention" which they did reach, but during Sept2008-Jan2009 they fell far short, as little as 190 days, and despite all the complaints of false advertising, they never corrected the posted retention they were promising. That is, until their retention eventually grew to 241 days, and ever since that day their actual retention has been correct and updated daily. (funny how honesty only works one way!)

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    BANNED
    So I suppose the question is are they still accurate? Let's see a 716d post complete on GN.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    So far so good, that 706d retention was no bullshit
    Big thrill! I just downloaded a 713 day old NZB from usenetnow/blocknews and although it needed a slight repair, it was fine. Plus they are cheaper http://www.usenetnow.net/ngr.html All this high retention is great so everyone can show off there e-peens I guess.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Was it complete when it finished and you need to upgrade Sabnzbd, the latest version 0.5.3

And $10.19/mo through this link: http://usenetnow.net/woot.html
    Last edited by unoriginal; 07-25-2010 at 02:39 AM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Yes, it finished completed. I've been meaning to upgrade but haven't had the time.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast