Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HDBits account Stolen

Quote Originally Posted by PerMaFrOsT View Post
    What i have to do to restore my HDBits account? I tried to talk with the support at #hdbits.support [irc.p2p-network.net] but nobody helps me because i cant type text into the channel.
    IRC's usually the fastest way to get help with this kind of issues. As n00bz0r said, you have to be "voiced" (+v) to be able to "talk". Just be patient and eventually you'll be voiced and regain access to your account. Afterwards, you may want to use a secure password for both HDBits and your e-mail account (click here to get help with that), and maybe scan your PC for malware.

Good luck!
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    PerMaFrOsT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by karachidude View Post
    @perma

u should perhaps do a scan with a anti-keylogger like Zemana AntiLogger,and install keyscrambler to make sure this doesnt happen again
    Thanks i will install those programs to improve my system security

Erasing Keyloggers at this side with Spybot S&D:

Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    What i have to do to restore my HDBits account? I tried to talk with the support at #hdbits.support [irc.p2p-network.net] but nobody helps me because i cant type text into the channel.
    IRC's usually the fastest way to get help with this kind of issues. As n00bz0r said, you have to be "voiced" (+v) to be able to "talk". Just be patient and eventually you'll be voiced and regain access to your account. Afterwards, you may want to use a secure password for both HDBits and your e-mail account (click here to get help with that), and maybe scan your PC for malware.

Good luck!
    Thanks for the info anon, i will cross my fingers & wait patiently!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    ElitUser's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    A few days back My Hdbits.org account been stolen or you can say hacked, then I go to the support channel and one of the staff say my account was hacked from Pakistan and this Pakistani human being ( Dont know he or she thats why I write human being) change my pass and email address. Thanks to Hdbits.org staff who helped me to bring me back of my account.

Even not only the hdbits my revott was also hacked which was also from Pakistan.
    revott staff help me out.
    Last edited by ElitUser; 10-30-2010 at 04:46 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Erasing Keyloggers at this side with Spybot S&D:

*image*
    So you did have some nasty stuff there, after all. I'd recommend running Rootkit Unhooker and Autoruns, also!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    snagit's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Wow, you sure had a bunch of infections... You make me wanna scan my PC now. xD

Good luck on getting it back, though.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    link2009's Avatar NZBer
    I'm sorry to hear about this Permafrost and by taking a look at those Spybot S&D results, it looks like you got hit pretty hard by some Rootkits / Spyware.

It may be a good idea to install an anti-virus (even Avira will do) such as Kaspersky or BitDefender to prevent these intrusions from happening again.

Since you also have Spybot running, I would let TeaTimer.exe run in the background.

Good luck on retrieving your account, let us know how it goes.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Waddafocky's Avatar dvd BT Rep: +1
    Yeah, run some Rootkit detectors, such as hxdef and rku - then run your antivirus software again.

Good luck.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Spybot can also immunize your computer against threats, stopping it from happening in the future. Pretty useful feature I think.

I don't use firewalls or virus scanners on my computer, but I have yet to get a virus on my computer. A combination of Spybot and SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition seems to do the trick.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    PerMaFrOsT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Well done dudes! Finally i retrieve my account after a few hours of talking & explianing my situation in the HDBits IRC channel. I want to render thanks to HDBIts´s STAFF and all the users who give me the correct tips about how to act for recover my acc & how to improve the security of my computer.

Thanks sincerely.
    Last edited by PerMaFrOsT; 11-02-2010 at 02:53 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Glad you got it sorted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12