Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hack & Attack

How do you know if your PC is being attacked & hacked by unscrupulous fellows if you're connected in the Internet? I noticed that sometimes when I'm surfing, there's a sudden black screen in my monitor and goes off for awhile. After a few seconds it goes back to normal operation. Is this one of the symptoms if you're being invaded? I tried using Zone Alarm but my PC slows down. I got an old Pentium 1 processor and my OS is Windows 98. Anybody can give me an advice?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    sounds more like an automated virus/trojan infection.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    check for viruses and torjans, and use a firewall like zone alarm

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    You're right firefox. A virus named (Win32/Savno.A) infected my PC. Hope the problem is over.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by camille@6 November 2003 - 03:29
    You're right firefox. A virus named (Win32/Savno.A) infected my PC. Hope the problem is over.
    check your av's site for proper removal of that virus just to be sure

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by camille@6 November 2003 - 02:29
    One virus often 'opens the door' by disabling any antivirus software found or automatically updating itself and/or downloading+installing OTHER viruses. (A technique learned from Microsoft and AV companies no doubt. )

It's not enough to trust AV software to protect you anymore.
    A virus that first appeared on Sunday can be ALL over the internet before Tuesday afternoon. Antivirus companies may not include full detection and removal for new viruses in their standard AV software for OVER A MONTH.

As far as viruses and internet are concerned, 'doomsday' is never more than a day away. Fortunately/hopefully, it'll just be a virtual one - a-la the Matrix. B)

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    eventhough this isn't a KL problem, yet oh well.

Switeck, don't be surprised to be dealing with 'doomsday' when an AI virus/trojan (in one) come along-research/rumor says in a year.

camille, have u checked ur monitor connection?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by nikita69@7 November 2003 - 01:19
    Switeck, don't be surprised to be dealing with 'doomsday' when an AI virus/trojan (in one) come along-research/rumor says in a year.
    I'm not surprised... I'm just surprised it hasn't happened YET.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by nikita69@7 November 2003 - 13:19

Yes I did, including male pins going to video card. I detached it and cleaned the VC contacts with pencil eraser. What's ur opinion with this problem. If u find time , pls. pm me. Thanks

Yes I did, including male pins going to video card. I detached it and cleaned the VC contacts with pencil eraser. What's ur opinion with this problem. If u find time , pls. pm me. Thanks

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Old Fella
    You've got to be a brave person who will surf the net, let alone use P2P, without some form of firewall (in addition to AV). Try Zone Alarm again. Better to have your PC slow down than watch it die before your eyes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast