Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever heard of this before

Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    on the PT faq seeding rules... i think its new as its in bold...

. Download .torrent file is equal to downloading full torrent (except .PACK. torrents) ! You are warned.

so just downloading the .torrent file flags you for downloading the whole thing ?? sounds like they are having trouble with ghost leeching or somethings ? ?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Waddafocky's Avatar dvd BT Rep: +1
    That IS weird, it must be a bug in their code that's considering a download of the .torrent file as a snatch.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    this is the 1st time I'm hearing this, anything wrong, I guess???

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Shinzen's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Wow weird did u try their support ?
    Last edited by Shinzen; 10-31-2010 at 05:52 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    TraLaLa's Avatar knowledge is power BT Rep: +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95
    Very cool thing they want to increase the numbers ...

“The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity.”

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I interpret that as if you download the .torrent file, you're expected to seed the torrent according to their seeding rules, whether or not you download any data. If you don't, it might be counted as a hit and run.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzen View Post
    Wow weird did u try their support ?
    that "You are warned" is not directed to me its to everyone on the site... the line i pasted is from their FAQ/Rules section ... its just how they are operating now and i think its very strange ... if you accidently click on the wrong .torrent you will immediately be responsible for seeding it back to 1.0 or some number of hours... imagine if its a 10 gig torrent you miss-click

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    karachidude's Avatar Excelsior BT Rep: +5
    thats just wierd
    Last edited by karachidude; 10-31-2010 at 03:29 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    . Download .torrent file is equal to downloading full torrent (except .PACK. torrents) !
    = "If you download a torrent, you must leech 100% of it (excepting packs)."

Meaning partial seeding isn't downloaded on non-packs. Just like on BCG.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well i never read it like that, it sounds to me that if you download the torrent, so basically a hit on the torrent details page, then you have to download the whole thing, but then the bit in brackets, could very well mean no partial seeding, i think it could be worded better though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast