Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Dail-up With Juno.

Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    I am NOT held responsible for your actions, and what you do with this information.
    I simply provide this information for "educational" purposes.

Last Update 02/15/04

Okay.... so want free dial-up eh? These days people (AOL) charge $20 a month for dial-up, when I sit here and use Juno for free dial-up. Now I know what your thinking... Juno sucks. Juno is a horrible ISP infact. They give you a stupid 15 hour limit, put stupid ads on your screen, and disconnect you constantly (on purpose&#33. Okay, so your wondering... "How can I get rid of all these flaws in Juno?" Well, here is a little secret...

How to get free dial-up with Juno. NO ads, NO limit, NO disconnections, and NO shitty Juno broswer, FREE.

Tools Needed:
    1. Juno v5.0 Build 33.
    You NEED this older version of Juno, you can download it Here or Here.
    2. You need Beware of Dog 2.4, it's a state of the art banner killer.
    Beware of Dog was created by a group called "The Elusive Masquerade," you can check their main site Here.

Now that you have Juno v5.0 Build 33, and Beware of Dog 2.4, let's get started.

IMPORTANT STEP: Clean Install
    If you have/had Juno installed, you got work to do. Delete:
    1. The "Juno" folder in your Program Files folder.
    2. The "Juno.ini" file in your Windows folder.
    3. EVERY registry entry that relates to Juno in the windows registry. (Start > Run > regedit > OK) Use find to search for all the juno keys (there are a ton) and remove them ALL.
    If you don't, this might not work.

OK, do a clean install of Juno, and open it.
    EDIT:
    Some people said their Juno installer was corrupted. I think you guys might be mistaken... is this what you get when you try to open it?

Image Resized
    [img]http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/bleh.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    Click the image to see it bigger.

When I try to open my Juno installer, I get this too. If thats the case, it isn't corrupted, the shitheads at Juno messed up the installer.

If you get the error above, do this:
    1. Go to the Windows Task Manager (CTRL + ALT + DEL)
    2. Click on the Processes tab
    3. Find Juno.exe, and end the process
    4. Click OK

Everything should go smoothly after that.

Now, click on create account. Fill EVERYTHING out with bullshit (exept for the phone number, cause you need to dial local), all of it.
    EDIT:
    I should have made the guide more clear. It will ask you for your phone number twice. When it asks for you address and stuff, at the bottom it will ask for your phone number. Fill that one out with bullshit (mine is (999) 999-9999 lol). Later on it will ask for your phone number again for dialing to the net, fill that one out with your real number. Sorry for any confusion.

I've been using Juno with B.S. info for years now. Fill the member profile with absolute bullshit. And make your account email bs, mine is [email protected] lol.

IMPORTANT STEP: Don't Activate
    OK, at some point. It will dial to create your juno account, allow this. After that, it will re-dial to activate your account, DON'T activate your account! Once it is dialing to activate you account, click cancel, then click next. (The old version of Juno is stupid and lets you click next without activation )

When your done, close Juno.

Install and open Beware of Dog (this program rocks&#33.

1. Click on Free ISP, then Edit Defined ISP.
    2. Free ISP name: Juno
    3. Free ISP path: C:\Program Files\Juno\bin\juno.exe (or where ever you installed it)
    4. Check "Screaming Broccoli" (See below for more important info)
    5. Connection Delay (important): 2000
    6. Engine: New Engine 2.3
    7. Click Set, then OK

8. Click on Free ISP, then Set Default ISP, check Juno.

The rest of the options are fine.

Click Connect.

Juno will open, Beware of Dog will be waiting, muahahaha. When Juno opens, just put in your password and connect regularly by clicking on World Wide Web. Right when Juno connects, Beware of Dog will kill its ads and browser, but you will remain connected.

Beware of Dog will show this, and say how many times it's killed the banner, then close itself.

IMPORTANT INFO: Screaming Broccoli
    Beware of Dog comes with a program called "Screaming Broccoli", because you checked "Screaming Broccoli" (step 4 above), it will open after you are connected, and will stay in the system tray. Screaming Broccoli acts like the Juno banner, which must be open so you stay connected. So keep Screaming Broccoli open, it keeps your connection alive, so you don't get disconnected.

And since you haven't activated your account, you will be able stay online without limits! It's like Juno doesn't even know your online!
    ------------------------------------------
    © KrackHead2k/Rip The Jacker
    You may not edit this guide. You may not
    use this guide on your website without
    permission from me first.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    oooh nice... if only you told me before i got my DSL :-P but nice... B)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Double Agent
    krack pm me the ftp link i'll post this shit in newsgroups all over

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    me too

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@5 November 2003 - 20:49
    krack pm me the ftp link i'll post this shit in newsgroups all over

Don't need it in newsgroups. I need to somehow get this older version of Juno hosted 24/7 for our forum members. Everyone deserves free dial-up. B)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by KrackHead2k+6 November 2003 - 04:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KrackHead2k @ 6 November 2003 - 04:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-james_bond_rulez@5 November 2003 - 20:49
    krack pm me the ftp link i&#39;ll post this shit in newsgroups all over

Don&#39;t need it in newsgroups. I need to somehow get this older version of Juno hosted 24/7 for our forum members. Everyone deserves free dial-up. B) [/b][/quote]
    alright i&#39;ll host this file on multiple 250free.com website and i&#39;ll link this page

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@5 November 2003 - 20:56
    alright i&#39;ll host this file on multiple 250free.com website and i&#39;ll link this page
    Does 250free.com offer unlimited bandwidth transfers???

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Double Agent
    250MB a month but i think that&#39;s enough considering the file size...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Double Agent
    alright i got 500MB ready to go

if you can pm me the file link i&#39;ll host it

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Thanks for trying to help, but I&#39;ve found it&#33; I found the older version online, and edited my first post.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast