Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Total Ad Blocker

Originally posted by Supernatural+7 November 2003 - 05:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Supernatural &#064; 7 November 2003 - 05:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by nikita69@6 November 2003 - 17:29
    <!--QuoteBegin-Supernatural
    @7 November 2003 - 04:02
    What makes admuncher better than Google Toolbar?

i don&#39;t remember the link, yet research google toolbar, many programmers are experiencing data being collected then sent to google via that toolbar without their approval/knowledge (AUTOUPDATE).
    Since when is autoupdate bad?[/b][/quote]
    Autoupdate by software definition means that the program CAN "call home" to check to see if there are any "data", not necessarily updates, waiting. If so, then the "data" is dld and updates the program.

Some programs have the feature to leave it up to the user to decide, others and there are many, like google toolbar don&#39;t have such feature and don&#39;t have a feature to disable it either.

As I said in another topic earlier, M&#036; is daily collecting data from users with their knowledge, yet they don&#39;t know what. In windows, if u have autoupdate ON, then can u exactly be sure how, when & what data is being collected/transmitted to/from? Majority of win users don&#39;t.

If u have that feature OFF and certain programs ready to monitor the traffic, hd, mem, registry, files, etc... then go to windowsupdate.com then u have a chance of catching what they are sending and receiving from ur pc. u also have the choice to block/accept data to/from.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    i just thought this was too funny. i was researching and the gator.com issue was discussed. i&#39;m behind a chained proxy. so i clicked to confirm if the site is block by my hosts file, to my surprise, the proxy beat my hosts and classified the site as "Criminal_Skills" This is a proxy that belong to a little country in the south pacific and they feel gator&#39;s actions are criminal, yet not any court to date.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123