Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giganews in the year 2011: WE DEMAND $34.99 NOW! DEAL with it, wankers!

Starting January 1, 2011, Diamond membership registration increases to $34.99 for new Diamond members. Upgrade before December 31st, 2010 to lock in your Diamond membership for $29.99.
    Im speechless...
    So.. instead of lowering their prices they introduce lame MIMO usenet browser+search engine which is EXCLUSIVE to diamond account and wont work with any other their plan not to say any other NNTP provider + VPN service..

Perhaps they think that ongoing astraweb's problems will drive users into their greedy embraces? I doubt it

- Diamond accounts will increase in price by $5 to $34.99 a month and include extra connections, VPN access and the new Mimo newsreader.
    - Platinum accounts will include SSL encryption for the same $24.99 monthly price. Where SSL excryption is currently a $5/mo. add-on.
    - Silver accounts (50 GB/mo.) will include SSL for $14.99 a month
    - Bronze accounts (10 GB/mo.) will include SSL for $9.99 a month
    - Pearl accounts (3 GB/mo.) will include SSL for $4.99 a month
    Last edited by Hypatia; 11-03-2010 at 08:57 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Who cares? Only idiots are with them anyways.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by heiska View Post
    Or people like me that are willing to pay a few dollars more for peace of mind, and knowing that every single NZB I download will complete. Every. Single. Time.

yo

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    link2009's Avatar NZBer
    I'm sorry but this post was completely ignorant and disrespectful.

First of all, if you do not care, don't bother to post in a thread where the issue at hand is a topic which you do not care about.

Second of all, just because some individuals have more money than you, don't try to be condescending and ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Or people like me that are willing to pay a few dollars more for peace of mind, and knowing that every single NZB I download will complete. Every. Single. Time.
    I completely agree with you Skiz. I am paying slightly more for my ISP for the same peace of mind you're talking about. I would rather pay a little extra, to ensure that my internet RARELY goes down or that my Usenet provider is up whenever I need it to be.

Personally, I find this tactic slightly alarming. Giganews decides to increase its retention every few months but now the end user is going to pay more for that priviledge. I would rather they cut their retention in half (which would still be enough for me, imo) than to increase their sales price.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS
    I haven't had any issues with AstraWEB. What is the peace of mind everyone's going on about?

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    link2009's Avatar NZBer
    Quote Originally Posted by WHiKWiRE View Post
    I haven't had any issues with AstraWEB. What is the peace of mind everyone's going on about?
    One thing they have going for them is the acceleration of downloading headers.
    Other than that, I've never had Giganews be unresponsive, go down or slow down.

It may not be a real justification of the price since there are other alternatives but for the price you pay, you have the assurance that nothing will go wrong (except on that rare occasion).

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    they will lose customers and lower the price. watch you will see, until then just crack passwords to their site and bam free giganews.
    Pimpn aint easy ®

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    link2009's Avatar NZBer
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDOSE View Post
    they will lose customers and lower the price. watch you will see, until then just crack passwords to their site and bam free giganews.
    What are you talking about? And your speculation is based upon....your opinion?

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by heiska
    who cares? Only idiots are with them anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by link2009 View Post
    i'm sorry but this post was completely ignorant and disrespectful.

Second of all, just because some individuals have more money than you, don't try to be condescending and ignorant.
    Whatever, dude. You just proved my point

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    Quote Originally Posted by link2009 View Post
    i'm sorry but this post was completely ignorant and disrespectful.

Whatever, dude. You just proved my point
    lol, why did that link guy get all butt hurt? lol he is raging like he will pay w/e giganews wants loool
    Last edited by JustDOSE; 11-04-2010 at 07:55 PM.
    Pimpn aint easy ®

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast