Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to replace Torrents with Usenet

So far I have been loving Usenet much more than my old Torrenting. The only thing that I cannot replace (so far) is the ease of downloading TV shows. I would simply use ShowRSS, which would allow me to input a list of my tracked TV shows. It would then auto download the .torrent file as soon as it was available to download. Then I would just start my client and the show download would start (slowly compared to Usenet lol).

So... is there a solution to this problem by downloading through Usenet? It would be best if there was a free solution. I am using sabnzbd, so a simple RSS feed (similar to my old ShowRSS) would be perfect!

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    There is an RSS feed for auto downloading files on nzbmatrix.com. That's the site I usually use. I don't think you have to pay the membership to have access to this function though, I paid the 10$ when I joined to have access to all functions of the site and I've been quite pleased with it.

It just tried it with Sabnzbd and the auto download works fine.
    Last edited by KFlint; 11-05-2010 at 12:13 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Cool, I'll try that out.

Do you have some tips on how to setup the RSS feed to only grab each episode once? I am so used to having ShowRSS do all of that for me.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I don't know about that unfortunately, I'm not sure there is such a feature on this rss downloader, but I didn't use it much it so it's worth looking more into it.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    I use Alt.Binz and the RSS feed from nzbs.org to download my shows automatically, and it's works very well. I just list the shows that I want, the format that I want them in, and what folder I want them to extract into. Alt.Binz then downloads the files from nzbs.org as soon as they are posted. Only when the files don't successfully autounrar do I actually have to do anything.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Yea nzbs.org seems like a nice site. I'll have to get an account when they open signups again (if they ever do that). I looked into nzbsrus.com, but their RSS options do not seem like you could fine tune them to specific shows.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by the mighty View Post
    I use Alt.Binz and the RSS feed from nzbs.org to download my shows automatically, and it's works very well. I just list the shows that I want, the format that I want them in, and what folder I want them to extract into. Alt.Binz then downloads the files from nzbs.org as soon as they are posted. Only when the files don't successfully autounrar do I actually have to do anything.
    If there are many releases of the same episodes, or it's posted in more than one group, is there any way you only get the first release and not all of them all?

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS
    Check out sickbeard: http://sickbeard.com/

It uses the rss's feeds of nzbmatrix/nzbs.org/nzbsrus/binreq/eztv to grab nzb's and send them to sabnzbd or place them in a blackhole (folder on computer). If by chance you use a different newsreader than sabnzbd you can simply set your program to monitor that folder and then presto automatic downloads for your tv.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Oh man, that looks perfect. I am running OS X and am trying to figure out how to run it using Python. Could anyone using this on OS X provide some help? Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind! Got it to run. Now I just have to figure out how to configure it.
    Last edited by MrTissues; 11-09-2010 at 08:49 AM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I use sabnzbd in combo with nzbs.org ... works like a charm!
    Can you feel the LOVE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast