Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I download from specific peers only- on utorrent?

Quote Originally Posted by hulabula View Post
    I don't think speed jumps shouldn't raise any flags
    That's more or less ca_aok's point.

I don't understand why you turned LPD off, btw. It's a great feature unless you think it's an invasion of privacy or your chances of stumbling on a torrent with local peers is nil.
    Edit: did some searching, supposedly it should find peers from your same ISP also, though it never worked for me.
    Last edited by anon; 11-05-2010 at 09:23 PM.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    That's more or less ca_aok's point.
    lol, I meant to write should

Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Edit: did some searching, supposedly it should find peers from your same ISP also
    Yeah, in fact the WAN I'm on covers 3 different ISPs (with a combined userbase of at least 10000).

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    newsgroupie
    You can also try using a torrent client that allows temp-banning other peers. That was one feature I liked about BitComet. It allowed me to ban leeches with just 2 mouseclicks.

Another tool could be bandwidth shaping programs like Netlimiter which allow you to manage traffic.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    You can also try using a torrent client that allows temp-banning other peers. That was one feature I liked about BitComet. It allowed me to ban leeches with just 2 mouseclicks.
    Unfortunately, many private trackers don't allow BitComet due to its "bad reputation". The same applies to Vuze (which has manual kicking features, also), on a lesser scale.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12