Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Windows Longhorn

is Linux a system without GNU?

edit: okay i'll just go ahead and predict that you're gonna say all other software is an embellishment of the system. but realistically, not just technically, a kernel without applications is just about as useful as applications without a kernel.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    Poster
    Shn - I have some words of advice for you. Sometimes, it is better to shut the fuck up and let us think you're an idiot, than to open your fucking proverbial mouth and remove all doubt.

A kernel doesn't make up an OS. Are you trying to say that there is no difference between Windows NT and Windows XP? Wait. Here's another one. Are you trying to say there is no difference between Red Hat Linux, a desktop GUI based Linux, Lindows, a super tweaked user friendly Linux, and Mandrake, a command line Linux?

Now who's contradicting themselves?

The kernel is merely the core; it's no part of the interface or anything else. See, I don't know that much about kernels, but I know what you said is full of shit.

Whatever though dude. Open up your terminal server and try to hack my system if you think you can. I live for reformatting.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345