Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Trackers that produce the most original content

Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by andrenievo View Post
    Hi! Now that Limewire has been shutdown because of copyright infringement and stuff related to it that made it illegal, is BitTorrent downloads legal? ehehe
    A protocol or a medium of transfer can never be illegal. It can be shut down due to infringement accusations (as was the case with limewire) but it wasn't because "limeware is illegal." Bittorrent will be a little harder to take down than limewire, since not only is it practically in its prime, it is also supported by a lot of big names out there, starting with music bands and labels (Nine Inch Nails spring to mind) companies like Microsoft and movie development studios (think of movies like Bergensbanen). As long as a protocol gets enough legitimate support, it becomes impossible to shut it down, rather, more feasible to try and shut down the sources providing the questionnable content.

In that case: Read up on infringement laws in your Country, these often have loopholes making only provisions/uploading illegal, you only liable of the crime if they can prove it was you etc. Then proceed to take your pick of a private tracker to avoid being baited into the wrong kind of legal war to get into. You'll be fine.
    Ellipses go here.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Quote Originally Posted by andrenievo View Post
    Hi! Now that Limewire has been shutdown because of copyright infringement and stuff related to it that made it illegal, is BitTorrent downloads legal? ehehe
    I second ringhunter. It's not the network/protocol that's legal or not, but rather the way you use it. Saying BT or filesharing per se is illegal is like banning knives because they can be used to kill people.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    anon i want to send u a pm, can u clear a couple spots? thnx
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 11-26-2010 at 06:59 PM. Reason: edit: got through, sorry for the spammy post here

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    can u clear a couple spots? thnx
    Argh, really hate how vB doesn't tell you that.

You may PM me now.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    DISABLED PRIVS
    HDbits.org
    SCC
    GFT
    AOm

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by fr0zeN View Post
    HDbits.org
    SCC
    GFT
    AOm
    How do SCC and GFT qualify as trackers that produce the most original content?

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by elbuitre View Post
    From the top of my head:

what.cd
    waffles
    indietorrents
    Karagarga
    Cinemaggedon
    x264

any others?
    secretcinema
    Last edited by pakito; 12-17-2010 at 02:48 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345