Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: TorrentLeech makeover?

Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Really hope they fix the browse list icons. Old ones were the shit! Will take a bit to get use to that's for sure.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    The new design looks nice. I like it, because its better than the original design. It used to give me headache because everything looked the same when you were browsing. However, the icons are not that distinguishable from one category to another. I am hoping that TL will have a complete new face with this design.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    The search function is kind of messed up. When I type "Dexter" in the search field and hit enter, I expect to see the search results sorted by date added. Latest episodes should appear first. Try that now ....

Or try "Simpsons". A lot shows up, but not the latest episodes.

When I saw the "Remember me" option I was really hoping that you stay logged in after an IP change (like on every other site I use). That was one of the biggest disadvantages of TL, the need to login everytime you visit the site. Unfortunately that still doesn't work.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 11-08-2010 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    I like the torrentlech well, despite being more confused

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    @polarbear...
    Them logging you out when your ip changes may be a hassle... however, it is in fact a security feature.
    It prevents people from stealing your cookie of your pc and logging in from a different pc with it.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    What Pwner101 said. Every site should do that, it's such a small hassle to login again anyway.

On a slightly related matter, I'm a bit surprised about the FTN reference in the new TL logo. I would imagine that staff of a site as large as TL would barely be aware of FTN, not to mention pay homage to it.
    Last edited by pro267; 11-09-2010 at 12:26 AM.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwner101 View Post
    @polarbear...
    Them logging you out when your ip changes may be a hassle... however, it is in fact a security feature.
    It prevents people from stealing your cookie of your pc and logging in from a different pc with it.
    I know that, but when I'm able to disregard it on all other torrent sites I use, I can live with it on TL as well. Besides there's also cookieless authentification methods. Security is all good, but when the result is that I don't use the site it defeats its purpose. I'm one of the oldest members of TL. I've been there since mid 2005. I hardly use it anymore because of the captcha and login.

On a positive note, the site is blazing fast now. If they fix the search order by date and keep the login session after IP change I'm going to use it more often again.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 11-09-2010 at 12:39 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post
    What Pwner101 said. Every site should do that, it's such a small hassle to login again anyway.

On a slightly related matter, I'm a bit surprised about the FTN reference in the new TL logo. I would imagine that staff of a site as large as TL would barely be aware of FTN, not to mention pay homage to it.
    there's a fine line between homage and derision, and I somehow doubt we're looking at homage here.

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Wow, what a difference. It's so nice to see an overhaul like this.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    The added filter seems to work now. Cool.

I really am impressed by the overall speed.

The white flash when you change between pages is a little hard on the eyes though, especially in contrast to the black background. Well, maybe they'll fix this as well. They seem to be working hard right now ....
    Last edited by Polarbear; 11-09-2010 at 01:35 AM.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast