Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BitMeTV Auto Download Script

ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Well the script I posted is also cross site, can be controlled from IRC, can send you emails or ping you in IRC when a download is triggered, and now combines itself with a greasemonkey script and webserver to allow you to one-click add torrents to your client from supported sites.

But yes, primarily it's (ab)used by seedboxers.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post
    It'll never cease to amaze me that some people actually care whether their torrents download a few minutes before or after a certain time..
    Yeah they care because they care about their ratio. Depends on the tracker but if you don't get on some torrents right away you are not going to seed back at all, not even close. So you end up taking a hit to your ratio, at some trackers a ratio is precious. I mean if you can't download anything because you will be banned eventually for having a bad ratio, then whats the point of downloading anything from there at all. Don't tell me you can survive just by seeding torrents for a long time, I really doubt that works at places like SCC and TorrentVault. That's why TL, IPtorrents, or any of the ratio-less trackers are great for most people.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    executioner's Avatar Tis Me BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Ok, so i had a chance to look at this today and need a little help on one thing.

the credentials.conf looks like this

;WHATauto credentials.conf

;username= your site username
    ;password= your site password
    ;botNick= the nick you want your bot to use
    ;ircKey= your gazelle-based key login
    ;nickServPass= your nickServPass password
    ;cmd= using the "cmd" option during startup you can send a raw command to the server, in most case the toggle for a vhost
    ;watch= place where manual downloads go

;
    ;The following networks are currently supported by pyWHATauto
    ;
    [bitmetv]
    ;nickowner=
    nickowner=
    username=
    password=
    botNick=
    ircKey=
    nickServPass=
    chanfilter=#whatbot
    cmd=
    ;watch=

what i need to no is, why their is two "nickowner=" in the BitMeTV section (is it just a mistake because there is the ; in the first one) and what do i put in there.
    and what are the chanfilter= and cmd= for?
    Last edited by executioner; 11-09-2010 at 01:50 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    nickowner is your vhost in IRC. It dictates who can control the bot (presumably just you) based on your hopefully unique vhost. chanfilter is a list of the channels from which you can issue bot commands, which can also be sent via PM. For example, my nickowner at BMTV is "[email protected]" without quotes, and my chanfilter is blank (but I can still control the bot via PM).

cmd is to issue a join command, in a RAW irc format. Generally it shouldn't be needed.

Once your bot is running, you can send it the message %help for a list of commands you can use.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by gamesover View Post
    It'll never cease to amaze me that some people actually care whether their torrents download a few minutes before or after a certain time..
    Yeah they care because they care about their ratio. Depends on the tracker but if you don't get on some torrents right away you are not going to seed back at all, not even close. So you end up taking a hit to your ratio, at some trackers a ratio is precious. I mean if you can't download anything because you will be banned eventually for having a bad ratio, then whats the point of downloading anything from there at all. Don't tell me you can survive just by seeding torrents for a long time, I really doubt that works at places like SCC and TorrentVault. That's why TL, IPtorrents, or any of the ratio-less trackers are great for most people.
    I would suggest that they simply don't belong to such places if they are so stupidly hard to maintain ratio at. By doing so( belonging) you only give credence to the notion that this sort of thing is remotely acceptable.
    What's the use of belong to something if the question is always there in the back of your mind whether you can download something or not because it may adversely effect you?
    Yeah I know get a seedbox ,get a script but then all you are doing is exacerbating the problem for anybody that doesn't.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

I would suggest that they simply don't belong to such places if they are so stupidly hard to maintain ratio at. By doing so( belonging) you only give credence to the notion that this sort of thing is remotely acceptable.
    What's the use of belong to something if the question is always there in the back of your mind whether you can download something or not because it may adversely effect you?
    Yeah I know get a seedbox ,get a script but then all you are doing is exacerbating the problem for anybody that doesn't.
    One of the reasons more and more people migrate to Usenet/JDownloader for their filez ... can't blame them!
    Last edited by Disme; 11-09-2010 at 02:22 PM.
    Can you feel the LOVE

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    When you're competing against others at ratio whoring, a few minutes can make a huge difference.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

Why do you think I've stopped using SCC, besides their Archives, and other such places. I totally agree with you, that's why I brought up IPT and TL. And yeah I use MU, RS, and usenet more often now for the things I need plus ratioless trackers.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    And yeah I use MU, RS, and usenet more often now for the things I need plus ratioless trackers.
    Makes 2
    Can you feel the LOVE

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Why do you think I've stopped using SCC, besides their Archives, and other such places. I totally agree with you, that's why I brought up IPT and TL. And yeah I use MU, RS, and usenet more often now for the things I need plus ratioless trackers.
    but i thought you were using a seedbox you even said in another post that 1 month with a dedicated server was more than enough to be settled for life.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast