Thread: Dare: Download Crysis from UsenetServer.com

I am a long time subscriber of Usenetserver.com . Never had a problem, until today that is.

Here is the story. This morning I flet a little nostalgic and wanted to play some old games. So I set out to download Crysis. To my utmost amazement, every Crysis (not crysis warhead) nzb I found on binsearch got a "No such article" error. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

What happened to the good old Usenet? Since when can a single company delete content from Usenet ?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Poster
    even if you dared me to just use usenetserver i wouldnt do it!

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    newsgroupie
    Maphongbax, check your PM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad

Works fine for me, nzb below. Don't listen to zot he just regurgitates information and claims it as his own.
    Peace
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JustDOSE; 11-13-2010 at 06:35 PM.
    Pimpn aint easy ®

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    JustDose is exactly right , Usenet provides can't and won't filter usenet headers.

If they could , they would get in trouble ( allowing illegal files being stored on there servers).

Not found article? " retention to high or your provider is missing articles "
    It just means they messed up indexing headers around the date you are trying to download.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    No , also had that problem. I'm with easyusenet.nl and every crysis was No such article found.
    Had to use megaupload

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDOSE View Post

Works fine for me, nzb below. Don't listen to zot he just regurgitates information and claims it as his own.
    Peace
    JustDOSE - love your avatar
    Digital World...You can't handle the Digital World! What did your Mom buy you a PUTER for Christmas!
    http://usenetgeeks.com

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad

use a png image as your avatar
    Pimpn aint easy ®