Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BCG problem.

Hello all, I just made an account here today to try and get some help.

I've been a member of BCG since June of 2009. Up until about a week ago, I always used my house internet/comp to do all the downloading and uploading. Then I started reading up on Seedboxes and how they work, etc. I decided to try one out for a month. I finally looked around and ended up with Feral Hosting.

Just today after having the seedbox for about a week, I got banned. I was browsing through BC like I normally do, when it logged me out. So, I log back in as usual, but this time I get a 403 Error saying "Unauthorized IP address".

I looked around Google to find the BCG IRC channel. I got on and went to the help channel.

Now, here is what I'm not understanding. I explained my situation and what was happening. One of the mods was very nice, and told me I should talk to Cirno when he gets on. The other mod, wasn't so nice, even accused me of having more than one account (Although, in his defense, he said he had confused me with someone else).

The "reason" for being banned I received from said mod was, " your seed box has an amazing ability to seed to no one, and at amazing speeds. "

At this point...I'm lost. I really had no idea what he was talking about. As far as I'm aware you can't seed something if it has no leechers. So, he says, "explain how your seedbox can seed at such high speeds to no one".

Again, I have no idea how to explain something I know nothing of and something I thought was not possible. I asked him to try and explain to me how that was possible. Maybe even point me in the direction of the torrent or torrents he was talking about. He said no...

So, my question is this. How can you seed something if there are no leechers? Might this be something my seedbox is doing?

I even offered to discontinue using my seedbox if this was something to do with it. I have no reason to "hack" or use anything for my ratio, as I was asked by one of the mods. My ratio has never been below 1.0 and has never been above 1.8x.

Thank you guys.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    what he meant was , u are using some ratio MODS the punishment for which is instant IP ban.
    in other words, since u used ratio MOD, your upload count got increased albeit instantly and at the same time, since u never really uploaded anything in practical so u seeded nothing .

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I haven't used anything, no mods, no hacks, nothing. As I stated in my original post, the only thing I have been using is a seedbox. My ratio never increased "instantly". I had about 400+gb uploaded and 200gb+ downloaded on the tracker. I would go as far as letting Cirno log in to my seedbox to view what I have uploaded if he wishes. I have nothing to hide.
    Last edited by xb350x; 11-15-2010 at 03:31 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Well its your side of the story and I am no judge here. I just expressed what that mod might have thought.
    btw, Its not your Total upload count thats checked. They might have checked some random torrents that u were seeding and thought u were reporting morphed upload data on that torrent. Your total upload wont weigh much against the accusation of using a RATIO MOD. anyways. gl ! BCG owner hangs arnd here. just wait for his/her reply

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I see where you're coming from. Honestly though, it's a bummer. The whole reason I got a seedbox in the first place was to actually help out and actually seed at decent speeds. I was so happy when I fired up the first torrent on the seedbox and saw speeds of 2mbps upload speeds compared to my 25-50kbps I get at home.

Like I told the mod on IRC. What reason do I have of using any kind of hack? My ratio has never been lower than 1.0. In reality, If I were using some hack or ratio mod as you call it and got caught, I wouldn't ever bother trying to get my account back and just cut my losses. But really, when I haven't done anything and I still get banned, it just flat out sucks.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    stoi, all I ask is if you can please look in to this. I tried talking to Cirno, but he hasn't been on when I've tried.

If there is any information you need, just let me know. Like I said, I would even let one of you guys log in to my seedbox and check whatever you need.

This is also my first time using a seedbox, but everything on my end looks to be okay. Whenever something was being uploaded there were always leechers.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    If you really used any kind of cheating procedure, then nobody can save you, and if you really don't, ( which I doubt ) hen may be you are safe..

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    It's perfectly possible for xb350x to be flagged as a cheater if someone was ghostleeching on the same torrent he was seeding. I'd just wait for stoi to review his case.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    It's perfectly possible for xb350x to be flagged as a cheater if someone was ghostleeching on the same torrent he was seeding. I'd just wait for stoi to review his case.
    wtf?
    Now I hear a new word from you.... What is 'ghost leeching' ??

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post
    What is 'ghost leeching' ??
    I don't think that's relevant to this conversation. All that needs to be disclosed about it here is that it can cause false positives, as it'd appear it is xb350x's case.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast