Thread: Green Lantern

LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    I must admit I'm a fan of theGreen Lantern full stop...The first video Is a fan made trailer, and way better than the official released trailer.

The second I think Is the official released trailer.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    both are fake.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Yes they are but unfortunately both still look better than the real one.( Is that Nate Fillion in the first one?)

Martin Campbell's a good director and tiny snippets targeted specifically at the core audience of E.T. ( look Blake Lively and RR with his shirt off ) can be very deceiving but doesn't this look like utter garbage?

It’s already one of the most highly anticipated superhero films in recent memory, and “The Green Lantern” is getting ready to give fans a first look this week.
    According to a report, the trailer is set to drop on Tuesday (November 16) on ET, and Ryan Reynolds looks plenty hunky in his emerald uniform.

The “Van Wilder” actor told press that his getup in the film was the object of some controversy. "There has to be a little healthy debate about it. If it were just slanted one way or the other, I don't think it would be that satisfying."
    Meanwhile, director Martin Campbell explained, "The tone is light. It has a lot of humor, but I think the relationships between all the characters are very real. We try to keep the action very real. ... It's my first superhero movie — unless you count James Bond."
    Btw I don't understand wtf it is with Hollywood's need to make most superhero movies "light" especially since most source matter is anything but. That and the only ones that have turned an appreciable profit lately have played it utterly straight.

Last edited by IdolEyes787; 11-16-2010 at 12:06 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    I'm not really excited or looking forward to the movie at all myself, but who knows, maybe it could surprise some of us and turn out good. For some reason, I didn't have any expectations for Spiderman either, and thought it would suck. Seemed too light and not really my style. Avoiding seeing it for quite a while because I had no interest. Turned out to be one of the better superhero movies. I wouldn't compare that to this, but you never know, maybe it won't suck.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    I've been watching a number of fan based trailers, Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern.
    But Nathan Fillion of Firefly Is In a number of the fan based trailers as well, just my personnel opinion but I think Nathan Fillion would make a better Green Lantern than Ryan Reynolds.

As said I've been watching a number of fan based trailers, It Is a hash of bits of other movies put together.
    But the rest of footage In the trailers can only come from ones that made Green Lantern?
    There just to much of It, some of the trailers go back 6 months to a year.

What do you think?
    Last edited by LubTheStaringCat; 11-16-2010 at 10:45 PM.