Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best anti virus software to get?

Now that Norton (NIS) is back on top as one of the best suites I buy it with rebates and continue to upgrade to newer versions for free with the previous one. Mix it in with Malwarebytes for my antispyware needs.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    norton also comes with complete security solution bundled in one software and when u r thinking of getting it through warez-bb why not to go for it rather then having more then one.......
    tho my personnel recommendation wud be kaspersky, detect as much as 96% of malwares good GUI i only have 1 GB ram never had a problem with CPU usage or ram

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I recently decided because of a promotion for a year free , to give AVG premium a try - had after much trial previously been using eset . Found it to be a horrible piece of software and subsequently, free or not ,premium or not, quickly removed it.
    This break from eset gave me an opportunity to try out a few anti-viruses ( and firewalls -had been using outpost) again . This is my experience with a intel quad core computer with 8 gigs of ram .
    G-data - slowed everything to a crawl ,didn't detect anything more and left traces that required a OP re-install to completely get rid of .
    Kaspersky - newest one is buggy and also some slowdown .Doesn't leave any traces on removal though although a bit "intrusive" while running.
    Bitdefender - decent and pretty thorough but extremely slow scan.
    Panda - nice except for the false positives .
    Aviria - The one I settled on .Light non- intrusive ,supposedly better detection rate than eset otherwise very similar .

Didn't try Norton from what i read it grabs your system and does like to let go so I didn't feel like buggering around if there happened to be a problem.
    Basically I'd recommend simply by my own experience either eset or aviria with most people favoring eset for obvious reasons.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    are esat and nod32 different products from the same one company?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Nope they are the same thing.
    If you are interested at all in security software this is a pretty good ,unbiased site.
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    I'm using the security suite.
    I'm glad you answered my question, the reason I asked is because in the Avira window it says nothing about spyware/malware.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Nope they are the same thing.
    If you are interested at all in security software this is a pretty good ,unbiased site.
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/
    i'm on it

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Avira is pretty gud.Works fine for me.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Kaspersky internet security 2011

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    NOD 32 Smart Security

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast