Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best anti virus software to get?

Chief_Garbonzo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    I use Kaspersky on my wifes cpu, she runs WinXP x64 and it works like a charm.. only drawback is the 'Sandbox' utility is not available in the XP x64 version. Thats not too much of a problem for her, as she doesn't visit sites that are potential for getting bad stuff, so I don't see myself needing the sandbox option on her cpu. On my cpu I run Vipre Anti-Virus and Firewall. I run Win7 x64 and it runs great on my system. Vipre isn't a well-known AV yet, but i'm very glad I went with them.
    In the morning, cooking bacon. In the ghetto, with the bullet-proof apron!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    If she ever changes her mind regarding the sandbox, Sandboxie has a 64-bit version available. There's no crack for the latest version yet, but the only downside of finishing the trial period is a five second nag screen that appears the first time you run a program sandboxed.

And I hadn't heard of Vipre until you posted, I'll check some reviews out.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Peanut's Avatar DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING
    NOD32 Is one of my favorites it gets the job done, norton internet security use to be one of my favorite got rid of it due to annoying error's i would get with it.... thou i still miss it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Anti virus programs are all limited in how much they can protect you. I like avast because its free and has no pop up. Avira is ok too but has nag screen.

I think going with Sandboxie and a free anti virus program is the way to go. Chrome has built in sandboxing but I hear there are still benefits to running it in sandboxie. Sandboxie exploits are rare fwir so you should be immune to most anything out there that comes through a web browser.

You can also look into whole system virtualization like returnil and get a clean desktop on every boot.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I am using Norton AntiVirus 2011. I feel Norton has actually outdone themselves with this one. It works flawlessly! I am really happy with it and it uses very little resources.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    kis 2011

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Member BT Rep: +1
    kis

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Avira Antivirus Premium is the best . Very light and effective at detecting and removing malware

And this comes from a loyal eset user

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Microsoft Security Essentials is my new favourite.Fast, Simple, Lightweight, And excellent detection rate and removal.I was using Avira and MCE on my two computers and switched to MCE permanently just yesterday, after around 20 days of testing.Man I must be such a l33tz0r
    Last edited by A; 12-27-2010 at 04:48 AM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeats View Post
    Microsoft Security Essentials is my new favourite.Fast, Simple, Lightweight, And excellent detection rate and removal.I was using Avira and MCE on my two computers and switched to MCE permanently just yesterday, after around 20 days of testing.Man I must be such a l33tz0r
    u r a n00b... use KIS 2011

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast