Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MovieSheets on WDTV Live

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    I just wanted to know if any of you out there have used MovieSheets with the B-Rad firmware. I was bored today and decided to play around with it and I absolutely love it, so I had to come here and tell you all. It really adds to the coolness of the WDTV with a server setup. In case you have no idea what I am talking about read here.

In short its an interface enhancement that changes the look of the movie menu completely. Ity adds info fromIMDB including the rating and other info on the file itself. You use another small portable app called thumbgen to create all the info files and then when you look at the WDTV menu it looks like this.
    crazyr.jpg
    equlib.jpg

Now you can't see it in these pics but the same "list" menu is shown when you look on the wdtv (these are just pics of the template). The list is in that space on the bottom and as you click downward the info changes on top. There are tons of different templates also so you can arrange it how you like or even make your own.

EDIT: I found a screen of what it looks like when applied correctly

I find this REALLY helpful. Whenever my wife and I are looking to watch a movie together she always asks "What's that about again" and she has to look it up on IMDB now she can see all the info ight there on the screen. Why haven't I used this before?? I strongly suggest if you have a WDTV that you look into this.
    Last edited by Detale; 11-20-2010 at 12:06 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Gotta get my hands on one of those babies. Xmas is coming, who knows it comes with my HD6870...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    That looks awesome! I've been putting off switching to the Brad firmware, but seeing that just put it at the top of my priority list. Nice stuff, thanks for posting it.
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    wow ! thats really impressive. Thanks for sharing the info Detale.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I'm glad you guys like it, hell I've been playing with it non stop today. getting all my movies all tagged up correctly. There is an AMAZING "Auto" option on thumbgen for getting the imdb info but it isn't 100% ( I'd say it's about 80% right) so the remaining tags I did with the "semi-auto" option. Took about 2 hours or so but it was WAY worth it like.

I've been perusing the template sections on a few different sites and they are really amazing. Also the Psyco THC OSD is pretty damn cool. I am reading about it for an hour now and I'm going to attempt the install tomorrow so I'll let you guys know how it went. These are some screens of the on screen display.
    WDLXTV LIVE PsychoTHC OSD-MOD

You can still use movie sheets this just fancies up the display so that's what ill do in the morning.

Cabalo!! How can YOU not have one of these man!? it's only about $100. You deserve it dude.

BTW the only difference between the WDTV- Live"plus" and the regular WDTV Live is netflix and I believe there is a homebrew fix for that. So save some money and just get the regular WDTV-Live. There is a new "hub" version out there that has an internal 500GB HDD but IMHO I don't think it's worth it.

EDIT: WEll that took all of 5 min to do. Using the Psycho THC OSD mod integrated with B-rad firmware from this page. It's just updating the firmware and voila! It took a few min to reboot the first time but now it's right as rain Awesomely easy!
    Last edited by Detale; 11-20-2010 at 08:00 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    darkstate01's Avatar Poster
    I think I'll buy one of these, Nice find.
    Last edited by darkstate01; 11-20-2010 at 10:12 AM.
    PAIN is just WEAKNESS leaving the body

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I'm learning that there are more than a few OSD's (On Screen Display) Mods out there. I'm planning to at least try most of them to see which suits me best. Stay tuned

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Shinzen's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Wow this sounds guess gonna grab this later and use the forum for any help,thanks for letting us know.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    for this must i put another firmware in the wdtv? because this is the point that affraid me, if it blocks?
    the procedure is reversible if something goes wrong?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Yes you have to change the firmware and to be honest there is always a chance of something going wrong. There is always a disclaimer somewhere saying "at your own risk". What I can tell you is that I have done this DOZENS of times on many different WDTV boxes and have never had any problem. My advice is don't sweat it, it's pretty straight forward. You download the files put them on the root of your USB stick, plug it in, reboot and it will say "New Firmware found" then click on it using the remote and that's it. Make sure you read up on their forums and ask questions there, people will help you. I have been reading up on this for MONTHS now and still don't grasp it 100% so READ READ READ so you know what you are doing. If you are nervous just make sure you read the instructions CAREFULLY twice or even three times before you do it. Also make sure whatever you do DO NOT SHUT the power off during the process or unplug the USB stick. These are what can brick your device for the most part.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast