Thread: Torrentleech

nthpeter's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Hi!

Im in a need of Torrentleech (truly this time). Im watching old movies lately, but have no source for it. I have trackers with smaller communities (where i could request, tho, im looking for a better solution), and bigger but national trackers (which hardly contain older english stuff). I'd also like to download old games, etc.

I can give ratio proofs, profile links from various sites. I can answer any questions here or privately via PM.

Thanks in advance.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    Their invite system is disabled for the time being (due to the "TL v3" upgrade), so you may have to wait.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Their invite system is disabled for the time being (due to the "TL v3" upgrade), so you may have to wait.
    Thanks for the reply. Any other trackers with the same specifics (english content, large userbase, old torrents well seeded)? Pls dont recommend more public trackers than TL, as Im concerned about my privacy (some ppl got their service reset due to p2p, based on letters from the copyright activists).

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by nthpeter View Post
    Pls dont recommend more public trackers than TL, as Im concerned about my privacy
    With over 200000 registered users, there are few places more "public" than TL.

IPT meets your requirements, mostly. I can hook you up if you aren't there already.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    as far as i know, TL and IPT don't have "old movies". well, i guess it depends on your definition of "old movies".
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

Im in a need of Torrentleech (truly this time).
    Comforting thought because I guess that means you are implying that previously you were fine with lying about the fact.

Im watching old movies lately, but have no source for it. .
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    as far as i know, TL and IPT don't have "old movies". well, i guess it depends on your definition of "old movies".
    I have:

HDBits.org invite
    DS invite
    PTN acc (no email change, so maybe sharing? i dont use it)
    KG invite

And i have waffles invite, too...
    For games BCG is more or less open signup and besides the fact that KG is one of the best sources for "old movies" and you haven't traded away your Waffles account then there are unlimited invites to both goem and TehConnection in the power users forums.
    Also cinemageddon is great for old movies and if it's not currently open I'm sure that there are a lot of people who don't consider it "valuable" enough to care for their account who would have no problem inviting you.

Btw not to belabour the fact but I'm "big" on "old" movies and don't think I've ever downloaded a single one from TL .
    I, idiot that I am, seem to do just fine with KG,CG, goem and even more idiotically ( again I'm very stupid and don't seem to understand that anti-piracy groups are apparently interested in hunting down people for watching 50 year old public domain movies ) Demonoid.
    I would hope that all this info would be of relevance to you but somehow I doubt it.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 11-21-2010 at 02:43 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    exactly, cinemageddon is better in thet respect

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Pls dont recommend more public trackers than TL, as Im concerned about my privacy
    With over 200000 registered users, there are few places more "public" than TL.

IPT meets your requirements, mostly. I can hook you up if you aren't there already.

That would be great, thanks. As I said above, if you have any questions, I can answer via PM.

My bad, I didnt give a definition of my "old movies". Well, last time I was looking for Wall Street (the original, from 1987 afaik), and first I tried BH (hungarian tracker with large userbase), but found only hungarian results, both SD and HD (720p + 1080p). So I basicly watching somewhat popular movies from the 90s, late 80s and early 2000s. I also download "older" games (games before 2004, as my laptop can handle those), but I find just the most popular old games on BH (I could request, but its not the same as browsing through the results and grab some interesting torrents). BH is really good for hungarians, but Im looking for a general tracker with english content (SD, HD movies, games, apps maybe), with lots of seeders.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Comforting thought because I guess that means you are implying that previously you were fine with lying about the fact.

I was honest most of the times, I just didnt know what I really needed. I was concentrating on the trackers themselves and not the content I actually need.
    Its funny that I have 1337 trackers now, and still cant find content Im interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    For games BCG is more or less open signup and besides the fact that KG is one of the best sources for "old movies" and you haven't traded away your Waffles account then there are unlimited invites to both goem and TehConnection in the power users forums.
    Also cinemageddon is great for old movies and if it's not currently open I'm sure that there are a lot of people who don't consider it "valuable" enough to care for their account who would have no problem inviting you.

Btw not to belabour the fact but I'm "big" on "old" movies and don't think I've ever downloaded a single one from TL .
    I, idiot that I am, seem to do just fine with KG,CG, goem and even more idiotically ( again I'm very stupid and don't seem to understand that anti-piracy groups are apparently interested in hunting down people for watching 50 year old public domain movies ) Demonoid.
    I would hope that all this info would be of relevance to you but somehow I doubt it.
    I dont know if my answers could shed some light about my purpose, I write this down here again: Im looking for a single site, not a dedicated one, a general site with english content, like BH and Ncore are for hungarians. So Im not that big fan of games that Id join BCG, Im not interested in really old movies (tho Im a member of KG), I dont know CG and Goem, I dont need a site with only movies (like TC, PTN), and I dont want to download from Demonoid (because its publicity). But if IPT or TL wont fit in my dream of an english general tracker, then I will have to accept that fact and find another solution (TC + BCG or something).
    Last edited by nthpeter; 11-21-2010 at 08:26 PM.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    Shinzen's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Check Movie-Hogs and its Open Signup ATM.