Thread: Requiem For a Dream

Poster
    Just ended up watching this movie on netflix. I knew it was going to be an interesting movie into the world of drugs and stuff, but this movie went one step ahead. I thought it was going to be something like Pusher, but this movie the last 10-15 minutes brought tears into my eyes. Its a very hard movie to watch.

What do you guys think?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Good flick, but the whole situation with his Mom brought the appeal of the entire movie down IMO.

yo

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Good flick, but the whole situation with his Mom brought the appeal of the entire movie down IMO.
    Yea i agree with you there, some of the mom scenes were getting annoying. While the ending did make up for it, like how the son couldnt be there with her etc, it would have been much better if they showed her situation was directly caused by her son rather then her son being one of the causes (her husband's death and various things being the other causes). Other then that I think this is one of Afronsky's best, the other being Fountain. PI, im not so sure if I liked it , going to watch it again and see.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    One of my favorie movies of all fucking time dude...

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Spun reminds me a little bit about it.
    Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrWD1kVi0ME

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    I've been meaning to see it for a while now. I don't really understand as to why so many people would find this film disturbing. Going to the rental store tonight I'll be on the lookout for it.

100%: After reading this (http://movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=62545) I wonder what's wrong with the world. Censor the film but not the trailer. What the fuck?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I find it disturbing that Aronofsky is unfortuantely stuck in a continuous cycle of creating films that a variations of a single theme. That and I don't especially get either entertainment or enlightenment from watching people be degraded to no purpose.
    Unless the degradation to no purpose is somehow suppose to be enlightening in itself, in which case I think the nightly news does a remarkably good job of that already .That and drawing forth emotion from an audience by showing human suffering doesn't require much talent .
    By the way Aronofsky's next movie is about someone (a ballerina) who loses touch with reality .Never seen that one before.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Great movie! One of the most depressing movies ive ever seen. Especially the ending.
    I recommend checking out trainspotting, its a british movie about heroin. Classic.
    Spun is another one of my fav drug movies. Its a look into the life of tweekers. Crazy crazy flick highly recommend it!

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    That and I don't especially get either entertainment or enlightenment from watching people be degraded to no purpose.
    same here. this movie is nothing but voyeurism.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Speedo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I have never found the time for this movie but have had it ready for a decade now because it's supposed to be very good. When should I put it on or better in what setting? I usually have an open mind.