Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Have This Happen To Them?

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Bye

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Originally posted by zapjb@8 November 2003 - 23:25
    Bye
    Bye!! Asshole!

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Originally posted by zapjb@9 November 2003 - 06:25
    Bye
    You guys are idiots, you know that?

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    im sure pigs fly aswell

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    yes bye...

we will miss u

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    listen56
    I am In Florida and i got one of these from my cable company brighthouse. I called them and told them, this is bull i told the guy i was talking to this was only done because i was sharing files. the big companys are getting heat from the riaa so your cable company tries to scare you. but just told the guy i'd get their costumers to file a joint law suite aganist them. Haven't heard anymore lately

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Originally posted by DasScoot+9 November 2003 - 09:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DasScoot @ 9 November 2003 - 09:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-zapjb@9 November 2003 - 06:25
    Bye
    You guys are idiots, you know that?

[/b][/quote]
    Ahmen. And because of attitudes like that, the brand new member posting after you thinks that&#39;s the cool way to be(unless he is one of the several who post a few thousand times only to re-incarnate under a new name to start yet again).

It&#39;s amazing the kind of reputation that spreads about this forum due to some of the people like them. Too bad really.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    slplsnphx there&#39;s not much point trying to warn people on here about what&#39;s going on.

Some just wish to bury their heads and say ner ner ner ner to anyone who has been warned (I also posted that I had been warned a while back, I got the usual abuse and my post deleted, without any explanation).

Usually the first email will be just a warning asking you to stop, they may monitor you for a while and then if you are caught again you&#39;ll probably be kicked off your ISP.

Some people on here just assume it never happens, it does. And Peer Guardian and all the IP blocking stuff and Kazaas hide your lists do not work properly.

I think a lot of people have had to use KaNat and personally I think that&#39;s how they are now tracking more sharers.

Not everyone thinks you&#39;re an ass for being concerned.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    internet.news
    Ok, first let me mention Norton Antivirus Professional 2003 is the only Antivirus Software that works fine with my Win98 :)

But what Symantec makes here seems to me as completely "Bullshit", sorry
    to mention that, but you can get all Symantec Products also on Symantec Sites,
    so it does not matter if you get Symantec Products on Kazaa or on Symantec
    Sites. I think what they did is really useless, if they still offer their products
    to download on their site...

I think also have had Norton in my shared folder some time and never received
    any warning... so... and if you got Symantec on on their Site you only need a serial... which you can get everythere... īso I do not know their logic behind that...
    ...probably a guy is angry and did that cause he do not know what to do...
    poor homan ... sad... I would be more useful to invest this time into support,
    would be better for new clients...

thanks anyway, david.

~nice dreams...

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Poster
    Originally posted by DazFlynn@10 November 2003 - 05:23
    Some people on here just assume it never happens, it does. And Peer Guardian and all the IP blocking stuff and Kazaas hide your lists do not work properly.

I think a lot of people have had to use KaNat and personally I think that&#39;s how they are now tracking more sharers.
    Peer Guardian may have its problems in various versions, but KL++&#39;s ip blocker does reduce the risk of being caught... at least slightly. However, there&#39;s innocent people being accused/sued that aren&#39;t even running file-sharing programs&#33; It&#39;s embarassing to the RIAA, but their methods aren&#39;t 100% reliable either.

Whether you&#39;re using KaNAT or not, THEY can get your real ip address.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast