Thread: List For Non Sharing Peeps

I would like to propose a list that peeps could add to as they come across users that dont share or have a bandwith of just 1. I hate these leeches where they download and then never give back, this way with this list we can deny them access to our files until they share. what do ya all think?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    impractical and a total waste of time and energy. for one thing, names mean nothing - they can be used more than once, changed, etc.

instead of devoting time and energy to this, why don't u devote that time to self-learning, research, and spreading the word of filesharing.

not saying ur dumb, just u can always learn something

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by SGAICEMAN@6 November 2003 - 20:36
    I would like to propose a list that peeps could add to as they come across users that dont share or have a bandwith of just 1. I hate these leeches where they download and then never give back, this way with this list we can deny them access to our files until they share. what do ya all think?
    How would you know there leeching?

The privacy option(on by default) prevents people from listing your files e.g RIAA

The bandwidth of 1 most likey means there on a poor connection 56k.

Anyway who cares about leeching so some of your files go to leeches some dont who cares, try using irc leeching heaven no sharing required.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by Icebound@6 November 2003 - 21:17
    impractical and a total waste of time and energy.  for one thing, names mean nothing - they can be used more than once, changed, etc.

instead of devoting time and energy to this, why don't u devote that time to self-learning, research, and spreading the word of filesharing.

not saying ur dumb, just u can always learn something
    instead of devoting time and energy to this, why don't u devote that time to self-learning, research and spreading the word of filesharing
    The changing the name issue I figured out and I understand the efforts would be wasted, but try not to be so quick to judge and offer advice to someone you don't even know. self-learning, research and spreading the word of filesharing? give me a break and dystroy your "live above approach" soapbox.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Auburn_Tygaz's Avatar Member
    Originally posted by SGAICEMAN@6 November 2003 - 20:36
    Quick topic summary: Not a bad idea but just more time consuming work away from the immediate goal...downloading as much music as quick as possible, and eluding our AA counterparts

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    This idea is basically useless for small-time leeches on most ISPs, even if they have >5 mbps of download bandwidth.
    Reason being -- their ips are often dynamic and CHANGE.

On the other hand, finding the copyright cops' ip ranges is a similar and more worthy goal. These are the bunch/es that are sharing fake MP3/movie/software/whatever files and nothing else and/or monitoring US while possibly not sharing a thing.
    Those sharing fakes aren't too hard to find, but to find those trying to constantly scan-and-monitor us would require running as a supernode while watching traffic levels on EACH ip connection. If you get a tight grouping of ips which ALL have lots of traffic and don't seem to be sharing anything AND WHOIS doesn't trace them back to a known ISP (but possibly DO trace them to an odd company name...) then they're probably badguys fit only to be banned in the ip banlist of KL++'s.

(And post that list here too&#33