Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: newsgroups = more rare stuff or not ?

i am mainly a bt user and although i have access to big trackers etc i can't seem to find rare applications (like 0day apps&automotive software)

I was wondering how newsgroup fare in otherwise "rare" pirated software?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Files go back as 2 years based on retention on some popular service providers.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    You don't need a Usenet subscription to see what's available. Just see if what you're looking for is out there.

http://www.nzbindex.nl/

yo

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    torrents are shit apps, rips, etc that are upload by whoever.... usenet is uploaded by scene standards, so yea everything is better and you can find what you want here. WTF are you looking for anyways?
    Pimpn aint easy ®

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    If I were you, I wouldn't listen to anyone's opinions about either one. Both have their pros and cons. Just do what Skiz suggested and search for what you're wanting. You can find old and rare material through either method(although with my experiences, I have found more rare files through DDL than Usenet and Bittorrent, so if you can't find what you're looking from either of those then give a look around the various DDL forums).

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDOSE View Post
    torrents are shit apps, rips, etc that are upload by whoever.... usenet is uploaded by scene standards, so yea everything is better and you can find what you want here. WTF are you looking for anyways?
    erm...

scene trackers have scene releases
    p2p trackers have nonscene releases

usenet has both - so I don't think you can say usenet has better quality apps than bt....

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Duron View Post
    so I don't think you can say usenet has better quality apps than bt....
    yes it does
    Last edited by JustDOSE; 11-25-2010 at 09:59 PM.
    Pimpn aint easy ®

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Umm.. "whoever" can upload to Usenet as well. There is plenty of shady content on Usenet.

yo

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Umm.. "whoever" can upload to Usenet as well. There is plenty of shady content on Usenet.
    ALOT less then torrents by 99%, and all that "shady" posts your talking about rarely gets indexed by sites like this one
    Pimpn aint easy ®

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    If I were you, I wouldn't listen to anyone's opinions about either one. Both have their pros and cons. Just do what Skiz suggested and search for what you're wanting. You can find old and rare material through either method(although with my experiences, I have found more rare files through DDL than Usenet and Bittorrent, so if you can't find what you're looking from either of those then give a look around the various DDL forums).
    I agree with your testimonial DDL forums are the best for rare files/applications.. From what i discovered last days BT more or less equals with usenet material.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast