Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mp3 Quality

Is there a program to change the quality of the mp3's ive already downloaded?? i dont wanna re download the songs....for example if i have a song that is 128 kbps quality thing...can i somehow change it to 320 kbps or something?? please help...thx!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Even if you could, there would be no point. The original quality of audio would remain the same.

Great idea though

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    you can not make something that bad quality good quality. The mp3 file you got can not be make better than it aready is. In other words you can`t get back what you aready lost.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@6 November 2003 - 21:25
    you can not make something that bad quality good quality.
    128kbs is bad quality its bout average

krN u could make the quaility size better but there is no point cos the sound would stay the same if not worse

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    anything below 192 CBR is pointless.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    Originally posted by Sparsely@6 November 2003 - 20:42
    anything below 192 CBR is pointless.
    I don't know about that, I usually rip mp3s at 256, but when I listen to mp3s encoded at 128 and 256 or 192, except for usually the volume difference, I can't really hear the difference in quality.
    Maybe I'm just deaf, but I don't hear it.

However when the mp3s are encoded under 128, I can start to hear the difference in quality, but 128 and up, seems fine to me.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    "However when the mp3s are encoded under 128, I can start to hear the difference in quality, but 128 and up, seems fine to me. "

same thing here.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I just copied a lot of LP's to mp3 and I used 128. The sound is just fine. If you are using WINAMP to play mp3s try this little plugin called enhancer, it gives the sound a nice little boost http://classic.winamp.com/plugins/detail.j...mponentId=81361

edit: it only works on versions prior to 3, worth going back for the improved sound

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@6 November 2003 - 14:25
    you can not make something that bad quality good quality. The mp3 file you got can not be make better than it aready is. In other words you can`t get back what you aready lost.
    Yup. The worst thing you can do is download shitty MP3's with a 96 (or lower) quality. Then convert those shitty MP3's to a quality of 192 (or higher), then share them. Please don't do anything like that, the quality won't be any better.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by InverseKinetix@6 November 2003 - 19:49
    I just copied a lot of LP's to mp3 and I used 128. The sound is just fine. If you are using WINAMP to play mp3s try this little plugin called enhancer, it gives the sound a nice little boost http://classic.winamp.com/plugins/detail.j...mponentId=81361

edit: it only works on versions prior to 3, worth going back for the improved sound
    Thats a kick ass plug-in, been using it for awhile and it works great. Also you can use this plug-in with winamp 5 too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast