Thread: Overall Who Makes The Best Laptops

IBM

Dell

Toshiba

Acer

Other (please post)

I am getting tired of my Dell 650Cpx, i think i will go with Sony this time.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    might as well add alienware for those with far too much money
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Sony Vaio&#39;s and Toshiba&#39;s are very nice. Voodoo make very nice laptops, great tweaking and customization on their part, very sleek looking. It depends if you&#39;re looking for a "desktop replacement" or a totally mobile solution. But those brands are nice. I&#39;ve also heard good things about Fujitsu.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I will be going to University soon so i wanna a buy a super computer and i want it to last for about 3 years. Thts y i sed money doesnt matter.

Isnt alienware popluar for gaming.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by ultimatejester@6 November 2003 - 22:44
    Isnt alienware popluar for gaming.
    yeah, alienware like to ridiculously overcharge for gaming machines...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Alienware is a gaming computer and so are voodoos, For that kind of money I&#39;d go with voodoo as opposed to alienware. And by what do you mean by "super computer? If you want a beast of a laptop that has the best video card, fastest processor etc etc and price won&#39;t matter, and really aren&#39;t interesting is great battery life (2 hours MAX) You&#39;d probably go with Voodoo. I&#39;ve also seen Centrino solutions with top cards, I think there are 9600 pros with Centrino&#39;s which will increase your battery life significantly.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    If your looking for a small laptop with a long battery life i would get the Sony PCG-TR2AP3. ( http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP....puters_TRSeries ). It has a built in wireless LAN which your college most likely has and the wide screen makes it great for watching movies. It also has a burner and a built in camera and has up to 7 hours of battery life.

If your going for power and gaming get the latest alienware.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    sorry alienware owns all laptops, falcon makes some nice ones 2..i think

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Alienware and Voodoo are awesome. Dell is very nice. Stear WAY clear of HP and Compaq....we wont go into that. My friends sony is nice, and comes with alot of great and fun software for a very good price. I would go sony
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum