Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quiet songs to wake up with

Hello everyone,

Can anyone recommend me any nice, quiet songs that I can use as an alarm? (yeah I prefer to wake up calmly)

Thank you very much.

2. Music   -   #2
    Wake Up - Mad Season.

Starts off pretty quietly and calmly at least, and you have to love the irony of the lyrics and title. But either way, great song and even better album. I used it as an alarm a few times, and always overslept. For me it's the exact opposite, I prefer to be woken up by something loud, otherwise it just won't wake me up, hence me oversleeping to a song that starts off real quiet and calm. For years I used to wake up every Sunday to War Pigs by Black Sabbath. I kind of miss doing that.

3. Music   -   #3
    hmmm, I can't think of any songs per say but the unplugged album "Axe The Cables" by STS9 is really awesome to either wake up or fall asleep to. Also check out Big Gigantic's album "Fire It Up" another solid fall asleep/wake up peacefully album. Couldn't recommend you a specific song off either album cause I don't really know what your style is

4. Music   -   #4
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    here's the one i use everyday to wake up smoothly:

hope it helped.
    Last edited by cinephilia; 12-04-2010 at 01:27 PM.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

5. Music   -   #5
    I didn't find anything I liked from what you all proposed, but thanks anyway.
    Should have stated that I like rock (don't want to wake up to full volumes of guitar and drums though, just something calm and quiet...)

6. Music   -   #6
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Calm? Hmmm, Rush 2112 is pretty good. It isn't too over the top and the drum playing by Neil Peart is awesome to wake up to.

7. Music   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman_1 View Post
    Calm? Hmmm, Rush 2112 is pretty good. It isn't too over the top and the drum playing by Neil Peart is awesome to wake up to.
    Will try that, thanks.

8. Music   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandKat View Post
    I didn't find anything I liked from what you all proposed, but thanks anyway.
    Should have stated that I like rock (don't want to wake up to full volumes of guitar and drums though, just something calm and quiet...)
    Try:

"One Ray of Sunlight" by Phantom Planet. (I love this band!)

...and...

"Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

9. Music   -   #9
    Beethoven & Mozart are my options ....................................................

10. Music   -   #10
    Hey GrandKat,
    if you are still looking for candidates, here are some of my ideas.

This is one of my favorites songs, is quite slow, rock, with some nice music.

next check out this one

Ok this one is borderline slow, the intro could be used for a smooth waking up (if you don't mind a little drum in there), but only for the intro as the songs gets a little more aggresive later on.

Last but not least you can also check out

this is probably not considered rock, though it could be pretty close. It has a really different sound, it's smooth and soft so it could make a nice melody to wake up with.

Well i hope you check those and maybe you like one. I may come back some other time with other options as well if you like, when it's about music i just can't stop
    take care
    Last edited by The_Wire; 12-16-2010 at 03:46 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast