Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: ScT's new home!

Di@monds's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by TONiC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lol87 View Post
    hardly any seeders/leechers.
    I have to disagree. For a new site to have 3+ seeders on new torrents is something to be admired - do bear in mind seeder start as leechers -, expecially considering SeX has even fewer snatches on new torrents....
    all 3 seeders are staffs....
    vision and flawless are among the best scene rls groups

2. BitTorrent   -   #102
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Correct, I was insinuating ScT was not bad, as has been my stance since I joined FST, and was my reason for being active here, as well. I can explain that one better if you so desire. Any difference in opinion here is chalked up to just that... opinion and perspective.
    This is the blight created when all BT sites are lumped in with the actions of ScT. It dirties the entire community, and ScT needs to be the thing no one would EVER want to be again; an embarrassment; the lowest form of scum in our community.
    I'm going to repeat myself by saying that ScT isn't the first ones to make money off p2p/scene and they aren't the last either. You can rant all you want and no one cares. How much you think some of the bigger active sites pull in monthly in donations?
    Last edited by chrisbeebops; 12-03-2010 at 08:26 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #103
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbeebops View Post
    I'm going to repeat myself by saying that ScT isn't the first ones to make money off p2p/scene and they aren't the last either. You can rant all you want and no one cares. How much you think some of the bigger active sites like TL pull in monthly in donations?
    There is more than the odd site that make some sort of money out of torrenting
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

4. BitTorrent   -   #104
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I'm going to repeat myself by saying that ScT isn't the first ones to make money off p2p/scene and they aren't the last either. You can rant all you want and no one cares.
    That's not entirely true. It may not do any good but some people ,myself among them , care.
    I don't expect anyone providing a service, especially considering the risks apparently involved in this one , to do it for free ,but at the same time I expect a little more honesty in the presentation of the facts before I pony up.
    Of course if people knew ( not saying that it's fact btw) that some site had tons of profit that went surreptitiously to certain pockets every month that probably wouldn't be good for business the site .
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. BitTorrent   -   #105
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I'm going to repeat myself by saying that ScT isn't the first ones to make money off p2p/scene and they aren't the last either. You can rant all you want and no one cares. How much you think some of the bigger active sites like TL pull in monthly in donations?
    So your (repeated) argument is, "Other people are doing it, too".

Well, yes, it is a problem amongst some-not all, sites in the community. None was ever so corrupt as ScT. There are rapists, murders, thieves, pedophiles, torturers, etc. in the real world, too. It's called justice when they get punished fro their deeds that go counter to the greater community (city/state/fed.). Not all torrent sites are operating for-profit. I do not want to see the good ones thrown in with all the scum when further (inevitable) enforcement comes around.

Support good, honest sites. DO NOT USE ScT AS A MODEL FOR ANYTHING. It was bad for our greater community, and needs to be considered as such, not revered/emulated, but DESPISED.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. BitTorrent   -   #106
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'm going to repeat myself by saying that ScT isn't the first ones to make money off p2p/scene and they aren't the last either. You can rant all you want and no one cares.
    That's not entirely true. It may not do any good but some people ,myself among them , care.
    I don't expect anyone providing a service, especially considering the risks apparently involved in this one , to do it for free ,but at the same time I expect a little more honesty in the presentation of the facts before I pony up.
    Of course if people knew ( not saying that it's fact btw) that some site had tons of profit that went surreptitiously to certain pockets every month that probably wouldn't be good for business the site .
    When I say no one, I mean none of the people taking the money cares what you think.

It is a free service. No one forces you to donate to use any p2p tracker. All of the money they made was because users donated to the site, because they enjoyed what the site offered enough to want to give back to the site.

Trackers are just like businesses for many. If their business puts out a good product (fast, lots of torrents, etc), the business will have income (donations) enough to cover costs (servers, uploader sources), and maybe even profit the owner. If it doesn't make a profit (<100% donations), maybe the owner has enough money himself to keep it afloat just because he can and enjoys doing so.

If an owner runs his business well enough that income exceeds expenses, why should he not make money? And more importantly, why should you care if you still have access to all the free, illegal stuff offered on a typical p2p tracker?
    Last edited by chrisbeebops; 12-03-2010 at 08:25 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #107
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Read what I said again , I'm not against anyone profiting from their work but just like in the real world I expect some idea of here the money is in fact going.
    I don't think that's asking a lot.
    Btw ironic as it might be if donate to someplace I don't consider that I'm getting stuff for free anymore.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. BitTorrent   -   #108
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Truthfully, i have not got a clue, I very rarely upload these days, and when I do I just keep it on auto all the time, but that is the reason we do our NDS packs as 10-100-500 and no more (I have nothing to do with them btw) as to make the torrent uploadable to the tracker, needs a big piece size, and as some of the roms are very small, members were downloading crap they didnt want, or at least thats the excuse they gave for not doing 5000 rom torrents anyway.

But it still has bog all to do with announces and more packs = more load on the server, which was my point originally.

wow. which tools can make .torrent with a piece size above 16mb and will it be a legit torrent?

9. BitTorrent   -   #109
    I'm 12 and what is this?

10. BitTorrent   -   #110
    Quote Originally Posted by gueriLLaPunK View Post
    I'm 12 and what is this?
    For 13 yr olds m8, unlucky
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast