Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RT vs IMDB

iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Which one do you use? I'm finding that I agree more with the ratings on RT compared to IMDB.

For instance just look at Shooter on IMDB compared to RT. Shooter was an 'Ok' movie but definitely not worth a 7.1/10 (IMDB).

It might be time to get used to RT interface
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    RT is better for the reviews, but I find it harder to navigate.
    It's much easier to find the info that I want on imdb.
    So the answer is Both.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    I use both but I have found that RT is usually rates 2 to 3 pts, on average, lower than IMDB. RT is more reliable, IMO, however some movies rated high I thought really sucked. But I guess it does come down to personal preference in the end. Scott Pilgrim vs. World was ok but I didn't think it deserved the high score it got on RT, for instance.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman_1 View Post
    I use both but I have found that RT is usually rates 2 to 3 pts, on average, lower than IMDB. RT is more reliable, IMO, however some movies rated high I thought really sucked. But I guess it does come down to personal preference in the end. Scott Pilgrim vs. World was ok but I didn't think it deserved the high score it got on RT, for instance.
    It's an opinion like, so there really isn't a correct one. If something interests you watch it and then decide for yourself .
    Either that or go to IMDB and RT and listen to a bunch of people that strange as it may seem know nothing more about entertains you than you do ( and in the case of IMDB may not have even seen the movie) and take their word for it.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    all i can say is that imdb is way more relevant than rottentomatoes in terms of infos, reviews and ratings when it comes to 'little known' independent/arthouse films.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    I pretty much only use IMDB. I don't ever use the sites for reviews or opinions, it's basically always for information purposes only. So the vast majority of the time it's IMDB, and the only time I end up on RT is when following links from search results or search engines, but never from specifically typing out the address on my own.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    My favorite site when looking for something good to watch is metacritic.When looking for movies and TV outside hollywood, I like twitchfilm (courtesy of Idol) and once in a while,when I feel like watching classic films, I like to go to filmsite for reviews and info.RT's lists are kinda nice though.
    Last edited by A; 12-04-2010 at 10:30 AM.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    RT for reviews.

IMDB for info on casts, filmographies, etc....

yo

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    RT for reviews.

IMDB for info on casts, filmographies, etc....
    I think this is what I'll be doing too. Too many biased reviewers on IMDB.

They seem to think just because there are some intelligent shots that it's a great movie. Doesn't even have to have the basic principles of a tolerable movie - character development, plot, pace etc.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Always use imdb because its has a bigger archive and makes really good ratings from my opinion

RT is a little cheap.....................just use youtube for reviews and trailers!
    Last edited by Sushi007; 12-11-2010 at 07:18 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast