Thread: iMac Core i5?

iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Do me a favor if I ever pay $2000 for an i5 system please PM Clocker to come beat me to death with a keyboard or something. I believe he will know it's time. This is why I despise Apple. $2000!!! for an i5!!! Thats just plain wrong. I get that it has a 27" screen but even still that's damn pricey it's still an i5 ffs!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Xbox_360's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yeah well with Apple you pay for the name and well the name and yeah again the name. It's a very nice sleek desktop that's for sure but I don't care for the glossy screen on it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    My girlfriend has the 27''. She loves it. I'm on an older 24'' iMac. Best computer I've ever bought. My next home computer will be most likely an iMac again. Although mine is only three years old now so it should last for another three years. I used my first iMac for seven years before the monitor finally became too small. My iMac runs more or less non stop for three years and I never had a single problem. The only thing I'd recommend is an external DAC if you listen to music on a serious HiFi system or good headphones.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    If you're hellbent on the OSX then you could always save yourself a TON and build a hackentosh. Better hardware for less that half the price

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Detale, I've heard there's hardware/driver compatibility issues. Just saved 2k for a build. Let's see if I flip a heads or not.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    There used to be issues but for the most part with the new methods things work well. i did it for a short while with a dual boot, and didn't have any issues. I used the instructions on lifehacker.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Shinzen's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    You can also try custom iso's made like Iaktos , Leo hazard , Jas and others for clean install & those guys are active at forums too so help is just a post away if something goes wrong i tried Iaktos s3 which is 10.6.2 and used is it without any issue even updated to 10.6.4 from apple site

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    What, there's builds of builds within the Hackintosh community? I thought Linux was bad enough .

Anyway, I'm on the lookout for a LiveCD for a Hackintosh project if anyone can help me out ...