Thread: Filesharing is blatent theft

iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    I don't mind supporting independent developers but these corporations I could care less about. They complain that they aren't making the billions in profit that they want to make. If they make 20 billion in profit, they blame P2P or whatever for not making 21 billion. I use to have faith in Capitalism but that is eroding quickly and almost at its end. In the era of "too big to fail", these corps can make terrible business decisions, that could have world wide ramifications, and then get bailed out by the common folk because of the belief that they are "too big to fail". Then they turn around and blame the common person for making a bad decision, for getting into that mortgage they couldn't afford in the first place, when in fact they approved that mortgage and lied about the applicants income.

Greed is the rule of the day and the old adage, "Money is the root of all evil", is being proved ever so true every day. By the way, the problem that caused the economic meltdown still isn't regulated or stopped, i.e. Credit Default Swaps (OTC Derivatives). Congress talked about regulating them but AFAIK, they haven't budged. So look for another "bubble" to pop in the near future that could collapse the world wide economy. Will we have enough money to bail everyone out when that happens? Probably not.

I have no sympathy for these corps that make billions and complain when my family is barely getting by because of shit they have done.

Some apps I have bought and supported:

1. Newsbin Pro 5
    2. Slysoft AnyDVDHD
    3. ConvertXtoDVD

Games:

1. Dragon Age Origins
    2. Neverwinter Nights 2
    3. Left 4 Dead 1 and 2
    4. Half Life 2, HL2: ep1, HL2: ep2, HL2: dm

If it's good I buy it.