Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Got banned in sdbits yesterday for *cheating*, but see my point.

Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    What a thread

Another FST classic
    Last edited by Burnsy; 12-04-2010 at 04:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    This happens fairly often. Don't bother wasting your time arguing, forget about it and move on. From my own experience, most staffers aren't willing to accept any evidence to the contrary once they've banned you for cheating. I've tried to help several people in similar circumstances to yours, and I've been in a similar situation myself. In each case there was almost overwhelming evidence that a mistake was made, but in none of those cases was the staffer mature enough to accept that he'd made a mistake. There are plenty of sources for the same content, move on and realize that it's their loss, not yours.
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post
    That is called cross seeding, and that is not allowed in many trackers.
    Downloading the same torrent from two different places is called cross-seeding?
    oh, sorry, missed the downloading part... I thought that he is tellin us about uploading..

Quote Originally Posted by P2PDog View Post
    This happens fairly often. Don't bother wasting your time arguing, forget about it and move on. From my own experience, most staffers aren't willing to accept any evidence to the contrary once they've banned you for cheating. I've tried to help several people in similar circumstances to yours, and I've been in a similar situation myself. In each case there was almost overwhelming evidence that a mistake was made, but in none of those cases was the staffer mature enough to accept that he'd made a mistake. There are plenty of sources for the same content, move on and realize that it's their loss, not yours.
    1st bolded point: these 16-18 year olds makes the bittorrent hell.
    2nd bolded point: I'm not at all concerned about the disbaled account, but concerned about so called good record/reputation in bittorrent world, kinda e-penis. assosiated with torrent from 2005, but 1st time banned for cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsy View Post
    What a thread

Another FST classic
    that's why I
    Last edited by bijoy; 12-04-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Di@monds's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    jeah its quite useless to come on FST and whine about it. nothing we can do to help you no matter did you cheat or not. Just move on, there are plenty better trackers on internet
    vision and flawless are among the best scene rls groups

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    CleverMan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by P2PDog View Post
    There are plenty of sources for the same content
    as example from that plenty? (but don't say its, and x264 isn't exactly the match as well)

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    TL, IPT, FTN, CN, PTN, Demonoid, TPB, etc, etc, etc, etc....not to mention DDL, Usenet, and the many other p2p networks.

If you think for a minute that your movie-watching is going to be somehow lessened because you're not a member of sdbits, then you're an idiot.
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    CleverMan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    well of course not, but on sdbits there are fine x264 encodes of rare movies, that was my point. All that trackers you mentioned doesn't have them. You're mentioning trackers that just have movies, but not comparable to sdbits. Anyway, it's not me who banned, so hell with it. I just thought maybe you knew some good places that i did't
    Last edited by CleverMan; 12-04-2010 at 05:45 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    What movies do they have that aren't available anywhere else?
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    This thread seems like a pretty one sided argument. All we get is your view point of what happened and a screenshot that is supposed to prove something. Too bad sdbits won't come in here to tell their side of the story, otherwise people can come to the conclusion that you were unfairly banned and the staffer wasn't willing to admit his mistake. None of us can really know whats really going on since we don't have all the evidence in front of us.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Slickerey's Avatar <3 FST BT Rep: +2
    What's that icon? You know, the one next to the Avast icon.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast