Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Why do you use linux?

froz3
    I primarily use Linux, because I find it handy for doing my computing science assignments. The built in terminal memory leak checkers, g++ compilers, and other goodies really come in handy when you want to do scripting, programming, or anything else along those lines. I also use Linux for the fun of it , but when I'm not doing one of the things I listed above, I'll most likely switch off to Windows 7..

2. Software & Hardware   -   #62
    swatihotels
    I totally disagree with you crazy... I have been using Linux on my desktop and Laptop and other computers since an year now and I never had any complaints from any user of the computers.. Ubuntu is a distro made for beginners though it is getting worse day be day.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 05-23-2012 at 07:33 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #63
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dostoevsky View Post
    Mint is very easy to navigate along with having far less headaches.
    A warning for new players: Since the discontinuation of development of the Gnome desktop by it's developers there have been offshoots by other developers. Since Linuxmint was developed on the Gnome desktop this has left them in a quandary and they have released Linuxmint 13 in two flavors. The most stable and widely used is NATE based on Gnome desktop environment 2.0 but with improvements. Linuxmint and others though have been developing an eyecandy GUI based on Gnome called Cinammon. Cinamnon is currently up to development release 1.4, but it is a development release, it REQUIRES a 3D hardware accelerator card and is still buggy and bleeding edge. So before we rush off and download the latest wizzy desktop be warned!
    If you are going to download Linuxmint 13 your safest bet is to download the NATE 1.2 image.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

4. Software & Hardware   -   #64
    it's free

5. Software & Hardware   -   #65
    Thanks for the searing I also use linux because
    Its default tools are awesome
    Easy setup, no fucking drivers
    Full control over my system.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567